Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2014, 10:59 AM

2 posts, read 21,776 times

Advertisements

Hey guys!
Back in March, my stylist colored my hair a very dark browncolor, which I loved. My natural hair color is probably a 5 ash brown, which Idislike because it makes me look really washed out and dull. It doesn't matchmy complexion. I love rich, darker colors that do not have any ash in them. Ihate ash in my hair. Absolutely hate it.

I did some demi permanents over the summer because that originalcolor from March was almost non existent, and my hair began to look ashy again.

So, I went and got my color "refreshed" 3 weeksago (early November) because the color that she did back in March had faded sovery much and the demi permanents were also fading quickly.

She only applied color to the very roots of my hair (likethe first 2 inches or so) and then pulled it through the remainder of my hair thelast 5 minutes or so (my hair is long. it reaches my chest area.)

Well, the result is crazy. I absolutely hate it. First ofall, my hair is multi-colored. The very top is a medium brown color with a redtint. The mid portion of my hair is this lighter ashy brown color, with whatlooks like grayish highlights, and the ends of my hair are brownish black. Itis like my hair is every shade and tone of brown.

I just want to fix this myself, as I do not have the moneyto go in and pay for anything else. What upsets me is that I am like 95%positive she put an ash color in my hair, which I specifically said not to do.

I want to color my hair a dark brown color, but I have somany different tones in my hair, I don't know what to use! I have red and ashytones in my hair, both of which I dislike, but I hate the ash more thananything. How do I correct hair with ash AND red tones, and keep my hair darkbrown?

Should I get a dark golden brown color? Will that correctit? Or will that make my hair look black? Please help! All I want is dark brown hair, with no ash tones (andpreferably no red, but I can deal with that better than ash).

I would love some suggestions! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 08:55 PM

2 posts, read 21,776 times
OK, so no one answered this but I dyed my hair dark golden brown and I LOVE the results.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:51 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Glad you got things sorted! Using a warm tone will help correct a cool tone, and vice versa.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:26 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
I color my hair frequently and one time I paid the big money and got a stylist to do it for me. I was complaining to her about how quickly the black dye (my hair is naturally black) would come out of my hair. She asked me what shampoo I used. I told her I use Suave or other cheap shampoos. She explained that the sulfates that are present in many shampoos (including Suave) will strip the dye out of colored hair much faster. To OP, it's not immediate, if you use shampoo with sulfates, it will get the dye out quickly.

Within two weeks or so, you'll get a lot of that dye out without harsh chemicals. And it's just shampoo. And the majority of shampoos contain sulfates, so you have tons of choices. Since I DON'T want my color to fade fast, I use sulfate free shampoo. But if OP wants to try this route, this method won't damage your hair more if you're a little more patient about getting rid of that unwanted color.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:02 PM

106 posts, read 140,932 times
OP above said and I agree, no cool tones. Ash anything hair color has a green base. that's what throwing you off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care