Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 04:49 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,947 times

Advertisements

I used to relax my hair all the time. At one point it was about two inches past my shoulders. At another point, I was sporting a chin length bob, that gradually grew out just to the shoulders. After dealing with breakage, I chopped it to a pixie cut about four years ago. It looked good, and I got compliments. However I let it grow out a little so I could cut off the remaining relaxed ends and have a short, natural afro. Did I still get compliments? Sure, but I always get compliments whenever my hair looks good. It grew out since then, and I decided to weave it for a bit when it was in a "too short to style, too long to stay cute short" stage. Now that I've been wearing it natural for awhile, and it's back to shoulder length, I'm deciding what to do next. As much as it's nice to be natural and my hair is thicker, it's also alot to maintain; but that's a story for another thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 12:11 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Jade, I'm sure you've seen my photos with super short hair. I initially did the BC in spring '15 and went platinum/silver and LOVED it. I kept it short for a while and then started growing it out, but ended up chopping it off again last fall. I received tons of compliments, and changing the color gave it a cool look.
Yes! Short hair looks great on you! And I do think fun colors can give you more edge.

I mow have a theroy on why so many people like it. I tend to dress fairly femme and even prim, so having short hair makes my style choices look less prim and more edgy.

Contrast. The bob maybe seemed stuffier.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:08 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,558 times
I have never gone truly short, but I have always had long hair. Mid-Lower back my entire childhood and into adult life. I chopped it off into a lob in March 2017. A lot of people really liked it, I think it was just SO different from what I always had. I want long hair again so badly, but now it's like my hair doesn't grow. Now the style is totally gone, so I'm getting ready to cut it all back into a lob or just all right above my shoulders.

Shorter hair makes me feel sassier, but long hair makes me feel elegant lol I think it's interesting how different hair styles can bring out, or enhance, different parts of your personality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care