Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2018, 10:27 PM

454 posts, read 449,452 times

Advertisements

Got a question and not sure if this is right forum or not. If not, can mod put this in right forum?

I'm from the us but out of the us at the moment. I have gotten haircuts and well its pretty cheap or on par with where i cut my hair back in the us. It cost around 12 dollars or so to get a hair cut where im from in the us which is pretty cheap. Here is around the same. However, where im located now at the moment, most things are very cheap. There are actually many places here where they cut your hair for like 2-3 dollars... these are located in the local areas where its mostly locals and not that far away from the tourist area.
I'm a male.

Now im curious but do you think its worth going to a place like this to get a haircut? My first thought was cleanliness... but that should not be that big of a deal? Where i go and get haircut, its one of the popular places to get haircut since its right in the tourist area etc. I seen these places where if you convert the currency to usd... they are basically 2-3 dollar hair cuts. The place where i get haircut at is like 11 dollars which is still cheap. I mean is the equipment they use at those places much worst or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 09:45 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,243,006 times
What does everything else cost there? There are many countries where pay is much lower than even the US minimum wage. I happily pay $20 for haircuts, because they do a good job and in my area it’s considered cheap. If you are happy with the haircut, don’t worry about it, just enjoy the savings while you can.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:57 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,116,607 times
You get what you pay for.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:12 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,339,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
You get what you pay for.

Correct.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:39 AM

841 posts, read 554,042 times
I think that all would depend on how complex of a haircut you are getting. I used to keep my hair long and all one length and just go in for trims. Any salon would work. A few times I had some layers put in, but that was it.

I switched to a 'real' salon when I decided to do a big chop. Price is around 3 times as much. The haircuts are much more involved. My hair is cut when wet, then dried and straightened and then cut again. The way she cuts layers is much different and more complex. Sometimes I feel like I may be overpaying when I just go in for a simple trim; other times I feel like I am getting a real bargain for the haircut I received. I stick with my stylist and feel they balance each other out.

So, for you, I think the complexity of the haircut you are wanting might determine if the cheap haircut is good enough or not. If you have short hair that grows quickly, I'd probably try out the cheap place at least once knowing if I didn't like it that it would not take long to grow back out again.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:45 AM

130,460 posts, read 12,124,678 times
As aa noted, if your hair grows quickly & you wear a simple style, try the cheap place & see how you like it. If you are living in a country where low wages are normal, then the $3 cut is probably in line with cost of living.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:26 PM

987 posts, read 780,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjustin2 View Post
Got a question and not sure if this is right forum or not. If not, can mod put this in right forum?

I'm from the us but out of the us at the moment. I have gotten haircuts and well its pretty cheap or on par with where i cut my hair back in the us. It cost around 12 dollars or so to get a hair cut where im from in the us which is pretty cheap. Here is around the same. However, where im located now at the moment, most things are very cheap. There are actually many places here where they cut your hair for like 2-3 dollars... these are located in the local areas where its mostly locals and not that far away from the tourist area.
I'm a male.

Now im curious but do you think its worth going to a place like this to get a haircut? My first thought was cleanliness... but that should not be that big of a deal? Where i go and get haircut, its one of the popular places to get haircut since its right in the tourist area etc. I seen these places where if you convert the currency to usd... they are basically 2-3 dollar hair cuts. The place where i get haircut at is like 11 dollars which is still cheap. I mean is the equipment they use at those places much worst or something?
If you want to avoid lice yes find a clean hair salon you get what you pay for...

Here in the USA we have this for US Consumers:

https://www.barbercosmo.ca.gov/consumers/index.shtml

https://www.barbercosmo.ca.gov/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care