Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2019, 09:48 PM

4 posts, read 6,148 times

Advertisements

https://imgur.com/a/av7mCjL (dont copy past the [/url])
Im 17 almost 18 and i thought i should put a little more effort into how i look

So my case is a little special. I'm (a bit) mixed Chinese so my hair naturally goes up in the front without gel. I have large ears that i would like to hide with my hair and i have a scar on the upper back of my head. The upper back of my hair stays relatively the same to hide the scar.

I have done tapers on the side but i dont like how much it exposes my ears (in picture)

what kind of hairstyle would be possible for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 07:56 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,032,233 times
For what it's worth, I don't think your ears look all that big.

What would happen if you let your hair grow long? Would the length eventually pull your hair down?

Otherwise, I would say maybe just get it trimmed about an inch to make it look neater? Or how about something like this?

Old 01-26-2019, 04:07 PM

10 posts, read 6,290 times
You're not ugly at all! I think that the issue with your ears is one of proportion; with your hair being so tall on top and tight on the side, it creates an optical illusion which makes your ears look larger than they actually are. If you even out the top and push it slightly back with a soft hair putty, combined with growing out the sides a bit and/or growing out your sideburns, you could definitely pull off the retro-cool James Dean look while making your ears more proportional. Threading or tweezing your brows to taper them at the outer ends could also affect the overall blocky look.

Unrelated note: thoughts on guyliner? You have gorgeous eyes, and the shape of the lids seems perfect for a subtle black or dark brown line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care