Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2019, 12:15 PM

235 posts, read 157,518 times

Advertisements

This is about the best I can do with my hair right now at this awkward lenghh. I made the mistake of cutting it six months ago and it has never looked worse. I have fried ends which curl and are uncontrollable. Would a straightener help? I'd assume my hair is pretty damaged after a completely botched at-home bleach job over a year ago. My hair was about ten or eleven inches long then, obviously it is shorter now.

I should not I’m looking for a job so it needs to look pretty neat. However, on another view, it does look pretty bad. I have never had the pressure of having to consider cutting my hair for work... I'm used to a relatively "cas" environment though I'm kind of having to settle for anything right now.

I feel like I look so awkward for a 27 year old. I’m starting to go nuclear on my acne, which I think has increased dramatically due to hormone imbalance and living in a humid climate (Houston, TX).

I sometimes wear this wig and people tell me I look more natural but not sure if I can commit to a wig every day.

Last edited by mistermaggie; 05-01-2019 at 12:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 12:43 PM

235 posts, read 157,518 times
I feel like I look a freak of nature ugh...

Old 05-01-2019, 01:10 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,144,036 times
You are not any sort of freak. You look normal to me. Your face lights up when you smile.

See a doc for your acne, since it bothers you, and concentrate on bringing it under control. It does not look that bad in the pics, by the way.

Visit a good salon, and have your hair shaped. Emphasize that you are actively growing it out. You just want it shaped so it can be easily managed.

Your hair looks thick and healthy.

You can get tips about makeup, if you want, at any Ulta. But your youth and health are your major beauty assets, as they are for all young women. Enjoy being young.

Old 05-01-2019, 01:29 PM

11,086 posts, read 17,532,479 times
My wife got tired of the way her hair looked several years ago and started looking online at different hair styles. When she found the one she really liked she printed it out and keeps it in her purse. When she goes to a beautician, she just pulls out the picture and says "This is what I want". Guess she's had that picture in her purse for close to 5 years.
And I don't see a thing wrong with how you look. Once you get the acne taken care of, if it's bothering you that bad, don't worry with make up. I don't think you need it. My wife is in her 60s and never used a drop of make up. Why waste the money?

Old 05-27-2019, 09:17 AM

1,394 posts, read 1,257,774 times
Don't let anyone with a scissors near your hair: let it grow out more. Eat eggs and take vitamins to assist growth. You are too young for a wig. Use barrettes and headbands to make it look cute until it grows out. And lastly... don't obsess, you're beautiful, and it's HAIR. We aren't our hair. Keep smiling!

Old 05-27-2019, 10:20 AM

6,453 posts, read 3,971,294 times
It looks fine. It will feel less awkward once it's long enough to pull it back if you want to. In the wig pic, I do like that length on you.

As someone else said... don't cut it. It doesn't need "shaping." It's shaped just fine. The more you cut off, the longer it will take before the length is tolerable to you. I know it's hard to resist in the "in between" stages, but you'll be glad when it's longer that you persisted. You can work on the shape and getting rid of the damaged ends once it's longer.

No straightening. Heat will just exacerbate your damage. Moisturizing, and maybe a serum with silicones in it, might help to keep the damaged parts at bay for now.

Do you have any pretty headbands or barrettes you can use to keep it out of your way for now? You also might try visiting some of the long hair forums-- they can help with ideas for getting through the awkward stages.

Old 05-28-2019, 06:21 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,099,640 times
I love a wig, they are so fun!

Old 06-23-2019, 03:41 PM

249 posts, read 195,758 times
The wig length/style looks good on your face, though I know with Houston's heat and humidity, that's hard to wear. So let it grow and pull it into a pony with an extension during the transition. Try Paula's Choice SKIN PERFECTING 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant; it's incredible for acne, even the stubborn stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care