Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 08:12 AM

692 posts, read 1,731,666 times

Advertisements

QVC has good prices and a lot of specials and deals. If you have questions about the products contact Chaz Dean's staff online or by phone and they will answer any question and give advice.

Sweet Almond Mint - universal
Fig - for curly, thick, ethnic, dry, damaged, color treated, or chemically straightened hair
Pomeganate - moisture and hydration
Lavender - for thin, fine hair, hydrating
Tea Tree - for dry itchy scalps
Cucumber Aloe - for oily scalps and dry hair
Seasonals - change each season but all are universal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 AM

218 posts, read 483,314 times
Sally's Beauty Supply stores have their own brand of the Wen products. I would recommend trying that first to see if you like the product. It is cheaper and uses the same ingredients. If you like it, then buy the brand.

Last edited by southernbelle20; 02-04-2013 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-16-2013, 01:05 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,498,811 times
I used it and really wanted it to work but it made my fine hair limp and lifeless - like I did not wash it. I could see it working for very dry, thick or frizzy hair. I dont understand how people with fine hair could think it makes them look good.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:30 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,392,817 times
I catch the ads on tv from time to time and I always wonder anyone orders the stuff - all the models hair looks "dirty" to me in the ads. My favorite part of the ad is where they explain how you'll be saving money becasue wen replaces a bunch of products , then shows a bunch of wen products at the end of the ad....

Old 08-07-2013, 10:07 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,592,094 times
I got a bottle for my birthday, and I loved it. At first I wasn't happy, but then I read the bottle I discovered I wasn't using enough. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. I'm debating ordering it. I see it on the QVC site, but I want the pomegranate and it bundles it with another unwanted bottle.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:14 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,720,029 times
It is just a sulfate free shampoo. As a girl with curly hair I have been sulfate free for years. My daughter wanted something sulfate free but her slightly wavy hair got dirty too fast to use my stuff so she tried wen. It made her hair soft but she got a lot of breakage from it. I am not sure why but after a shower she would have clumps of hair in the drain.

She has since switched to a different sulfate free, and after cutting her hair 8 inches to cover most of the breakage, her hair is now both soft, and strong.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:17 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis24 View Post
I ordered it and it arrived quickly, however when I used it my hair never felt or looked clean. When I called customer service they said I had to give it a few weeks, it still didn't change anything my hair continued to look like I hadn't washed it in a week.

Another this is that before I could return the product they charged my credit card and shipped a three month supply and then insisted that I had to return everything before they would cancel my order and then it would take 30 days to process the refund. Total charge for the 3 months of product and shipping charges was about a $100.00. I don't like the product and feel the company is shady for not stating up front they enroll you in auto shipping.
I am suspicious that Wen is a scam. My husband and I tried it with the same result. It seemed to just add it's own coating to the dirt that already was in our hair - a very bad buildup of dulling debris.

Thank goodness we bought it over the counter so we did not have to undergo the hassle that you did.

We have fine, almost straight, hair.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:20 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliblu View Post
I've used it for several years now and refuse to use anything else. I order my WEN from QVC but I know a couple of people who bought it after watching the infomercial. You need to learn what type is best for your hair for the best results. I need moisture so I use fig, pomegranate, 613, a couple of the seasonals. I've learned to wet my hair thoroughly, apply enough to coat my hair, add a little water to make it creamy, comb through, and rinse well.
We purchased several different kinds, all with ill effect.

I suspect that there are people posting here who have a monetary interest in the product. Most people are disappointed in it, and then you'll get several postings claiming that it is the best thing since sliced bread. Maybe that does happen, such a disparity in results, but I doubt it.

There was another Wen thread that would have several postings, like this one, and then die a natural death. Some time later someone would resurrect it, posting superlative reviews. It would die again, but the same thing would occur, again and again, almost as though it were an attempt to advertise the product. Hmmm . . .

Old 08-18-2013, 02:21 PM

22,822 posts, read 6,432,246 times
My daughter used it for awhile but said it began to make her hair flat and too soft, no volume.
She uses Dove now.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:31 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,724,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
It is just a sulfate free shampoo. As a girl with curly hair I have been sulfate free for years. My daughter wanted something sulfate free but her slightly wavy hair got dirty too fast to use my stuff so she tried wen. It made her hair soft but she got a lot of breakage from it. I am not sure why but after a shower she would have clumps of hair in the drain.

She has since switched to a different sulfate free, and after cutting her hair 8 inches to cover most of the breakage, her hair is now both soft, and strong.
Can you give me the names of some good sulfate-free shampoos? Lately, I can't seem to find anything for my hair! It's so frustrating!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care