Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2020, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,254 times

Advertisements

I've had long hair almost my entire life.. Want to be dramatic and chop it all off cause I'm a lil tired of taking 2 hrs every other day to blow dry & flat iron it now. It naturally has a mild wave to it if I don't style it. Anyways, I decided to go for hair extensions. Please guide me through the best hair extension brand in USA and also what are all the types is in there.*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2020, 09:56 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Hair extension advice from Anna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIz0m8opDfw

Old 01-13-2020, 02:52 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliviya Lauren View Post
I've had long hair almost my entire life.. Want to be dramatic and chop it all off cause I'm a lil tired of taking 2 hrs every other day to blow dry & flat iron it now. It naturally has a mild wave to it if I don't style it. Anyways, I decided to go for hair extensions. Please guide me through the best hair extension brand in USA and also what are all the types is in there.*

The types are taped...clipped in..."sewn" in like a weave....prebonded & microlinked

Ofc...there is synthetic or real hair too. I don't know brands...but IMO you wouldn't want the types that are semi permanent or you have the same care of it as you do with longer hair.......& then you should just keep your hair.

I had a shorter hairstyle for awhile too....just above shoulder length....but I never used hair extensions. I just grew my hair back out to be very long again recently.........make sure you really want to cut off your natural hair tho!!!! I kinda regretted doing it.......

Old 01-14-2020, 02:45 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Don't those glued in extensions rip your own hair out when they have to be replaced? Seems like the clip-ons are kinder

Old 01-14-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Don't those glued in extensions rip your own hair out when they have to be replaced? Seems like the clip-ons are kinder

The glue can also damage hair by drying it out & burning it.....even clips can damage the hair too from the weight. I've heard of stuff like bald spots forming & more brittle hair....if it's like every day use......

Old 01-15-2020, 02:50 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliviya Lauren View Post
Why are you washing, blow drying, and flat ironing your hair every day? Every four days is as often as you should be doing this.

Mine is past my shoulders and I only wash it once a week and never blow dry it.

Old 01-15-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Why are you washing, blow drying, and flat ironing your hair every day? Every four days is as often as you should be doing this.

Mine is past my shoulders and I only wash it once a week and never blow dry it.

She said she was doing it every other day tho......but.....I wouldn't straighten that much either. There are gels & heat protection products on the market tho to keep the damage to a minimum & stop the split ends..........& 3 or 4 times a week is better than every day IMO..........

Old 01-15-2020, 03:05 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
She said she was doing it every other day tho......but.....I wouldn't straighten that much either. There are gels & heat protection products on the market tho to keep the damage to a minimum & stop the split ends..........& 3 or 4 times a week is better than every day IMO..........
I missed the every other day.

Still, that's a lot.

Old 12-30-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraj View Post
I have really thin hair and using hair extensions for 2 years.

They have a wide range of Clip-In, Tape-In Hair Extensions. They are offering free shipping and 120 days of free returns. You can try them!

Do you keep them in? Be super careful with trying tape in extensions, specially if you've never used them. There is more risk to damage the hair IF you don't know what you're doing tho they are popular to do at home. IMO I would go to a salon for tape extensions....like Indique....specially if I had never done it before. Donna Bella is another good brand.....their color selection is amazing to match your own hair or create highlights & big volume at the same time.

Clips are fun tho...because there is no risk to damage the hair & they can be easily removed after a night in or out. It totally depends on how the O.P. wants to use them.

Tbh I don't understand chopping off natural hair & replacing it with extensions.....she would still have the same hair at the roots & base that would still need the same care even tho it's shorter. It makes no sense to me. edit: just make it shorter & more manageable without having to also take care of extensions IMO for a match.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 12-30-2020 at 10:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care