Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2021, 09:42 AM

25 posts, read 17,287 times

Advertisements

Hey girls so 2 months ago I did my own highlights with a box of lireal colorista all over highlights kit, I loved the way they came out, nevertheless I do have brassy hair, copperish here and there plus my dar brown roots are more than inches growing out.

What hair dye color brand can I apply to balance/counteract the brassyness and the dark brown root growth altogether ??

What do you recommend? This is my actual color pict below

What hair dye color should I use to balance this out?-212b422f-c015-4174-8622-27954230bf01.jpeg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2021, 09:47 AM

3,375 posts, read 1,970,783 times
If you have a Sally's nearby I've found the people who work there to be very knowledgeable. They'll be able to see your hair's color, texture and condition which we really can't tell from the photo.

Old 04-06-2021, 09:23 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboop18 View Post
Hey girls so 2 months ago I did my own highlights with a box of lireal colorista all over highlights kit, I loved the way they came out, nevertheless I do have brassy hair, copperish here and there plus my dar brown roots are more than inches growing out.

What hair dye color brand can I apply to balance/counteract the brassyness and the dark brown root growth altogether ??

What do you recommend? This is my actual color pict below

Attachment 228437
It depends what you're trying to do with these highlights-

lighten them or darken them to blend with the roots?

That orange either needs to be lifted (with bleach) then dyed/toned, or simply covered with a darker shade.

An ash tone will counteract brassy warmth, but the orange is keeping you in limbo here, you need to go one way or the other to really tackle that brass - otherwise, every time you shower, the dye will rinse out and keep revealing the orange base that's underneath.

Old 06-24-2021, 06:23 AM

1 posts, read 705 times
Well, I don't have much idea about hair colour and all these. But still, I would suggest you visit a hair salon. You know they can suggest you better hair color that will look better on you. Hope you will think about my point!

Old 06-24-2021, 06:47 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Your hair is brassy because you have not bleached it to the correct stage. A dye is not going to do it; you need to lighten your hair, then apply a toner to get the shade you want. This link explains the 7 stages of hair lightening.

https://botoxcapilar.org/en/stages-of-bleaching-hair/

Old 07-01-2021, 11:56 AM

4,640 posts, read 11,938,904 times
I would use an ash based demi as a toner. I like Ion's demi permanent with a 10 developer. You can get it from Sally's. I'd do strand tests and try chrome or medium ash blonde.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care