Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 01:11 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,151,374 times

Advertisements

I am one big walking oil blob!! I am oily from my head (literally) down to my toes (well, except for winter time, my feet do get kinda dry ) But I have tried every shampoo known to man, it seems, and my hair still gets oily if I don't color it!! I have to keep coloring it, not that I mind, but it can get expensive and annoying. Right now I have it colored and highlighted, but I can see the roots showing and I know I'll have to have it colored and roots touched up/highlighted again b/c it is so slick!! I hate it. To top it off I have thick hair. Yes, whenever I go get it styled I always get comments like "oohh you have such good hair" or "your hair is beautiful and healthy do you blow dry it?"
How about you? Do you have oily hair? And if so, what do you use that helps with the oilyness? I'd sure like to see my natural hair color once again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 07:10 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,442,125 times
I have oily hair, fine and straight, it's not colored, blond with some grey, and I keep it kind of short and have to shampoo it every night, put a few curlers on the top and the next day use a curling iron on the rest. If not done every night it's oily again. I'm in my 60's and it's been this way for ages so I don't think it will change. Actually I like having clean hair every day.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:25 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,271,814 times
Try baby shampoo and see if it helps balance it. If its still oily take a tsp of tea tree oil + sea salt pinch (optional) and mix with 2 oz of water. Put that in a spray bottle (they sell little 2 oz spray bottles if you use a bigger one just use 1tsp tea tree for every 2 ounces)

Lather up with the baby shampoo and then spritz on the mix (2-3 pumps until you see how drying it is)
The lather and wash. It will make the shampoo more foamy. Baby shampoo is not as bubbley as some others itself.

Rinse out your hair with water and only condition the end of you hair. Do not condition close to the scalp. Feel your hair starting at the root down to the end. It usually feels dryer when you hit about 2-4 inches from the scalp. Some oily people only get dry ends (last two inches or so) But apply the conditioner on the dry sections and down only.

If you still feel oily try a white ving rinse 1-2 times a week. To avoid the smell just rinse before you shampoo. It can be a little drying if you rinse after you shampoo I think anyway. But again..tweak and try if that is your oily case's problem.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care