Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 02:32 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,079,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Williamsburg View Post
You know they changed because shopping habits changed. It was a ghost town prior to the renovation. T As for deals , prices don't seem as sharp as they used to be but prices at the outlets don't either. I went looking for mens shorts at the outlets yesterday. (at the outlets) I could find cheaper prices at Macy's than the outlets.
Well, that's true. I've noticed the same thing up in my neck of the woods. Bargains don't exist many places anymore. Maybe nowhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 08:08 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,976,728 times
There are bargains galore at the outlets but its typically on holidays or end of seasons. I bought pants at LL Bean the other day for $6 a pair. They were $60 originally. Colombia is another favorite bought a $220 ski jacket for $35..

Old 05-08-2012, 07:04 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,079,075 times
Here are some photos of the new Pottery Factory. My two cents: It's certainly more attractive to drive by these new buildings than the old warehouses. They're very pretty at night with all the little lights. If I had never been to the old Pottery Factory I would like this place. The merchandise is nice and there's an interesting variety.

The problem is, it's not the same--and the old Pottery Factory had a lot of charm. Plus, it had so much stuff! This new version has about 1/5th of the merchandise of the old place. Remember the huge warehouse that had nothing but thousands and thousands of Christmas items? That was awesome!! Not that I'm into Christmas merchandise per se, but it was an incredible sight. The new version has no statuary yard and the other shops seem much more scaled down.

So all in all it's prettier, but it's not the same adventure of digging through lots of junk to find treasures.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,943 times
Default Williamsburg Pottery

Was just there yesterday, horrible, should have left it the way it was. I'm afraid they may have renovated themselves right out or business. It is prettier, cleaner and brighter but also much more expensive. Very disappointed.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:10 AM

Everytime I have been lately its been dead. I can't imagine they can afford to stay open too much longer. It would make sense to lease out space . New commercial space is planned across the street, and might be breaking ground soon. Just what we need more storefronts, roll eyes.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:16 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,321,470 times
I've gone a few more times since I last posted about it and it's still terrible. They won't make it, that's for sure.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:29 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,451,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Williamsburg View Post
You know they changed because shopping habits changed. It was a ghost town prior to the renovation. T As for deals , prices don't seem as sharp as they used to be but prices at the outlets don't either. I went looking for mens shorts at the outlets yesterday. (at the outlets) I could find cheaper prices at Macy's than the outlets.
Really? We got some great deals at Eddie Bauer, Columbia and North Face (which replaced LL Bean). Jockey was pretty good as well. I quit shopping at Macy's after they took over Hechts. I love Liz Claiborne, but their prices are outrageous. I wished she had stayed at the outlets, but even Harley Davidson and Black & Decker left. :-(

Old 03-09-2013, 05:30 AM

You have to shop the sales at the outlets the same as you shop regular stores. LL Bean was my favorite store and I was sad to see them leave. My new favorites are Colombia and North Face. If you stop in regularly you will see specials/sales that are fantastic deals. Like a $250 retail jacket for $40, just be patient. Under Armor, Nike and others don't have as large a discount but are still priced well.

If you like Pepperidge Farms, their outlet is over by the Food Lion, I go their often and get great deals on all those things that make me gain weight !

Old 03-16-2013, 08:21 AM

20 posts, read 63,733 times
I too loved the 'old' factory. I visited the new one in December 2012 and was disappointed. I was hoping to see an improvement (i.e. on the prices and stock levels) but it doesn't sound like it will happen. The buildings are so nice and the access is great. If they could only figure out a way to bring back the original makings of the various cement pottery items (large and small), their business might improve. In past years, we drove from NJ to the old one many many times just to buy the cement items. With these past economic times, I guess things just cannot stay the same.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:43 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,639,267 times
I am sad to hear that it is all new. Going there every year was always a treat growing up. I took my husband there for his first time 12 years ago. The dust, bumpy cart pushing, and old buildings were simply something special. I still have many items from there that are over 35 years old and are regularly complimented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area