Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2009, 12:08 PM

522 posts, read 1,855,553 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to buy a Cane Corso around October/November 2009 time frame. Does anyone know a good breeder in the Hampton Roads area or somewhere reasonably close.

I'm more interested in a big strong family friendly guard dog. I have a 2 year old daughter and I travel on occasion. So I want a nice guard dog to protect my family while I'm away. I currently live in Virginia Beach but we're moving to Memphis in November, so that's why I want a good guard dog.

Other dogs I'm interested in are American Bulldogs and other dogs in the mastiff family.

If anyone has any feedback that would be great, thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 07:31 PM

13 posts, read 37,523 times
i currently live in memphis but used to live in virginia beach my advice would be do not come here. If you are not from here you do not belong here attitude is very prevelent in this area

Old 06-06-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j7a3enuf View Post
i currently live in memphis but used to live in virginia beach my advice would be do not come here. If you are not from here you do not belong here attitude is very prevelent in this area

You have a PM.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:48 PM

any big dog breeders?

Old 06-09-2009, 05:14 PM

37 posts, read 219,279 times
I would look for the national breed club for breeders. These breeders have a code of ethics that they must live up to. They also do the proper health testing that is needed for that particular breed. Good luck.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:49 AM

1 posts, read 8,337 times
Thumbs up cane corsos

Hi there,

I just ran across you ad. We have been Show, Working and Breeding Cane Corsos for over 10 years. When you get a chance check out our site [url=http://www.DreamTeamKennels.com]Cane Corso Puppies for Sale - Breeder - VA, PA, DC, MD - Dream Team Kennels[/url] we are up near Richmond. Also feel free to call anytime between 9am and 9pm any day.

Look under Cane Corso Litters on our site.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 4,648 times
I got mine from San Rocco Cane Corso. They are very small which is why I chose them, they are geared more for people looking for good quality family corso. I was sad to see how many breeders keep their dogs locked in cages to make money. Here is the website they only have a few dogs. Cane Corso Puppies For Sale - San Rocco Cane Corso You can try them on youtube under cane corso puppies for sale but hard to find them on google. I wish you the best.

Old 02-16-2014, 04:22 PM

1 posts, read 4,455 times
Wink thank you for post

Thank you for post it helped me to decide.
I ended up buying from san rocco cane corso, we are very happy with our puppy. I have two young children, was looking for breeder who not only raised with family but socialized them and cared.

Looked at many breeders before i decided. Passionate breeder whos family is from Italy and he has inherent interest. I also liked that he does this for his hobby. Me and my wife agree, there is only so much attention a good breeder can give his dogs dog, for this reason i like small breeders.

wish ya all the best!
Steve

Old 02-09-2016, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 3,083 times
I was searching for good breeder of Corsos, I narrowed down to a few breeders in Virginia area. My sister has been showing standard poodles for 20 years, so I received a lot of help. I attended a dog show with my sister and her champion poodle. We observed dogs from sanrocco were the nicest looking at the show, the folks were very professional and friendly. I adopted a male from them 9 months ago.

Downside = they do this as a hobby, do not have many dogs they breed ....waiting list is longer than I thought.

Outcome = It was worth the wait. I recommend them if your looking for a breeder who cares and goes the extra mile for great health and temperament.

Old 08-06-2020, 05:30 PM

3 posts, read 2,103 times
Thumbs up agree

Gonna have to say...glad i read post before getting mines. Got a nice blue male hassle free last year, he has a great temper san roco best in my opinion, best lines in u.s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area