Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2008, 08:19 PM

68 posts, read 294,277 times

Advertisements

We are looking to rent a beach house somewhere near the "boardwalk" in Virginia Beach. Doesn't have to be in walking distance but would like to be near the beaches. We have all ages going from 2yr-62yr. There are 15 of us and are interested in golfing, maybe a zoo, aquarium, entertainment, restaurants etc. Any suggestions??? What areas are peaceful but within minutes of fun?!?!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 03:50 AM

196 posts, read 768,278 times
Call Atkinson-I think they still work with summer rentals. They are a fine agency. Have fun. Va Beach is probably my most favorite place to visit.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:46 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,459,060 times
Since I live here, we normallly would rent at Rodanthe. We purchased an RV last year and will be vegitating on the banks fishing soon.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:57 PM

62 posts, read 233,973 times
Default Have you considered Sandbridge?

Try Siebert Realty - Sandbridge Beach - Virginia Beach Rentals or Sandbridge Realty: Virginia Beach Area Vacation Rentals and Sales

You can customize the search for pet friendly, private pool, # bedrooms, #bathrooms, on ocean, bay, canal, one street back, etc.

We have used them in the past and LOVE not being in the high traffic area of the oceanfront, while still being on the ocean!

Old 04-21-2008, 01:10 PM

162 posts, read 801,964 times
Definitely look into Sandbridge. The area is quieter, on the ocean and has a "mini Outer Banks" feel to it. There are several of those giant houses on stilts.

The North End of VB is more residential but may have some weekly house rentals as well. It's near the boardwalk and is a very nice area!

Croatan Beach is closer to the boardwalk and may have some house rentals, but the houses are practically right on top of each other.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:50 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,459,060 times
Yes! I recommend Sandbridge as well. Very relaxing.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:53 PM

10 posts, read 47,597 times
I saw a page about Virginia Beach Vacation Home Rentals at Virginia Beach VA - Vacation Rentals Hotels Oceanfront Discounts that features the biggest vacation realty company in the area called Siebert Realty. You sounded like you wanted to be near the Va Beach Boardwalk, but if you have a family group and if you like the Outer Banks of NC, you would love Sandbridge. Such a quaint area with lots of oceanfront beach homes and also some condos... very non-commerical community, but only about a 20 min. drive from the resort town.

Go to the website I mentioned above and go to Lodging then Rental Homes if you want to see a scrolling slideshow (like an overview) of the Sandbridge Beach area and also the houses and condos they have with features like indoor & outdoor pools, theater rooms, elevators, etc. Nice rentals and the company has a great reputation... I've lived in this area my whole life and I know they've been around for a long time. Good Luck!

Old 01-07-2010, 08:29 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,845,180 times
I would second Atkinson Realty, since I am the sales manager : ) We are the largest vacation home real estate company in the North Beach area. this includes Croatan, Strip area, and North End. visit our website www.atkinsonrealty.com to check out the homes. DM me if you need additional information.

shelly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
View detailed profiles of: