Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2006, 03:15 PM

3 posts, read 10,699 times

Advertisements

My company has offered both myself and my girlfriend new positions to move out to Harrisburg. We currently live in PGH - I'm originally from Moon Twp - and she's from Philly, so this will be somewhat in the middle. We are looking to buy a new home out there and would like to know of a good area. We're both in our early 30's, so we'd like an area that's near some nice restaurants and things to do. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2006, 05:59 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,395,579 times
Check out Camp Hill. It's only around five miles from downtown Harrisburg and has a decent amount of shopping and restaurants in the area. Single family homes can be found in the upper 100K range and you can find very nice homes in the low 200s.

Old 10-17-2006, 06:18 AM

203 posts, read 1,256,647 times
teh west shore-

if you must be in harrisburg linglestown is decent i hear.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:45 AM

3 posts, read 10,699 times
Thanks - our office is actually located in Camp Hill. I wasn't sure of other surrounding areas, but we may start our search in Camp Hill.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:32 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,650 times
Default Hbg...

You might try Susquehann township, just north of Hbg. along I-81. It's a bedroom township yet close to the city and close to the bridges to Camp Hill. I lived in the area for 53 years. Followed the sun to Florida......

Old 10-27-2006, 11:50 AM

4 posts, read 14,141 times
I love the Harrisburg area - I was there a lot over the summer while my boyfriend worked there. I'd definitely suggest looking at Camp Hill for homes. I was actually just doing that yesterday. I'm not sure what you're looking for, but there are a TON of new townhouse complexes being built in the Harrisburg area. Most of those are going for 150,000-130,000. The houses I've found seem to be about 50 years old. There's a lot to do in the area. The Lancaster outlets are about 40 minutes away. Harrisburg has a minor league team (the Senators) for baseball in the summer. Second Street in downtown Harrisburg is home to the city nightlife. Philly is a quick drive down the turnpike as well. So... check out Camp Hill and good luck!

Old 10-27-2006, 12:41 PM

13 posts, read 48,989 times
I vote for Camp Hill. My Step-father is from there and my sister-in-law's brother just built a home there. It always was, and it seems, still is, a very nice suburb of Harrisburg.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:16 PM

222 posts, read 1,411,339 times
Camp Hill is very nice, albiet more expensive. Depending on how much they are compensating you it might be a great choice. Their schools are excellent on the west shore and it is a very safe quiet area. they have many shops and bars and restraunts over there. if you choose to go to the East Shore, linglestown or Paxtonia are nice area. not very much crime and still close to everything you could walk to the mall, library, shopping or banks. ~dan~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area