Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2010, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,138 times

Advertisements

Long story short I would like to be living in HI by November. I’ve been twice for extended periods of time enjoyed it immensely. I free dive and surf and I’m nuts about the weather. I’m in my 20s, I have no kids so why not.

I’m originally from Michigan but have lived along the East Coast, so a high cost of living isn’t an issue for me. I’m fairly bare bones.

I was told that room sharing would be the most cost effective method which is fine by me, I don‘t need much space. I would like to live on Oahu, preferably somewhere in or around the Kailua area (which is where I spent most of my time while I was there). The family I stayed with was military and kinda anti social. They’ve sense moved and are no help with info.

I wondered if anyone has any tips or advice for finding a living arrangement long distance? Any other helpful tips? And I’m sure I’ll have plenty more questions as situations arise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 06:32 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,602,051 times
We will have a lot of questions for you like what do you plan on doing for money ie: work? , how much money will you have in reserve? transportation will you bring out a car or buy one?

That said try craigslist to find a room share. Just beware that there is a lot of scams there. If I were to do this I would come out to a vacation rental for a month and during that month look on line for a share and pre site them to fing the one you want it will be much safer.

Good luck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: