Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 09:22 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,455,801 times

Advertisements

i have learned a few things about the cost of liveing in hawaii after reading your post here..plus liveing all over the states for my job from really nice areas to small out of the way rural spots to places that i wanted to nuke the area for it was a real s---hole and they need to remodel anyway

i have done a lot searching on the internet along with talking to people about the inlands who i know who lives there plus a couple of trips to the big inland to look at the land and what i want in a raw land for building my own place as i want..along with beening a person where i make a good offer on the land and make sure the person is not feeling that iam ripping them off about the price of the land ..

since iam single and all my kids are grown up and gone out of the house along with the fact that iam retireing and moveing out of the states to some place i wanted to live in for a long time. ..along with the fact of know how much money i will get and make per month for my retirement along with a few side jobs for my company ..

since iam a very fugal person or a person once told a tight wad tight wad as he called me whn it comes to spending money and looking to get the items iam spending money on things..for i live a very furgal lifestyle as i said in another post here ..i will spend money on books and dvd and tv dvd series and maybe computer items i that i might want here and there ..

plus when i shop i use coupons along with buying bulk items to have the bigger items in the place along with the fact iam not a person who goes to fancy places to eat along with beening a simple person when it comes to my food taste along with when i eatting out is fast food places here and there when i want to eat out .along with learning to buy in bulk food items when it comes to once a month basic items you need for liveing ..

along withi do not drink or smoke and not really a socalled socail person after years of working in the gambleing world and it side effects on a person ..i like people to a point but i can do out with them also ....i more of haveing a few friends over and have a bbq in the backyard and sitting around with friends ..along with beening type of guy who likes to take a cooler filled with drinks and food items and a book and sit somewhere under a tree and read a good book than go out to a nightclub setting and dealing with the socalled good people when they have been drinking...

plus i drive a small car and do need to have what i call keeping up with the jones when it comes to cars ..

i live in a small studio apt with the basic items for liveing no more or less in my style of liveing as one women friend told that she seen prison cells look nicer than my apt furnture .

now for bring my socalled tank home it was the idea to be my retirement home when it came to my last place i owned in my life..

a lot of people who come to the inlands they think it going to be just like the states and the basic cost of liveing of the area they just left and they get the sticker shock when it comes to the price of things.when it comes to liveing on a inland. ..since i been all around the world in the military so i understand the basic facts of shipping items into and out of the inlands..

plus some people have diff ideas about the liveing on a inland ..me i know iam going to place where i know the cost of liveing is a little high but with a right planning you can get by in paradise without a lot problems if you know what you doing ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 09:53 PM

16,260 posts, read 43,369,648 times
Well, a retirement income certainly makes a difference.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:13 PM

i get retirement from the military and my current job ..so i should do ok in the long run ..

Old 09-09-2010, 10:31 PM

3,198 posts, read 13,444,269 times
It' s ISLAND!! not inland!! And last time I checked we still were a part of "the states" although to be truthful it's kind of a state, not really 100% a state.

Do you have any medical problems? Health care is not the best here on the Big Island

good luck to ya!

Old 09-09-2010, 11:28 PM

basic old person health issuse at 51 years old along waiting for the permit for the underground house as far i talked to the couple of people there about doing the work to dig the hole and get the peagravel for the place is just waiting for the permits for the place..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii