Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 10:11 PM

64 posts, read 173,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinsonCrusoe View Post

relax, bud. i'm just playing with you.
Is that so?

Than remove your slanderous picture.

Last edited by Lomistick; 12-12-2010 at 10:33 PM..

Old 12-13-2010, 12:26 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,210,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
I didn't get the impression that he was particulary fond of the women in Japan.
That's the impression I get as well. Which is a little ironic as Hawaii is filled with Japanese, both in the local population and as tourists.

Last edited by Tiger Beer; 12-13-2010 at 12:38 AM..

Old 12-13-2010, 05:53 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,126,226 times
As others have said Hawaiian women are much like women in the other parts of the US. There are those of us that are intensely family oriented while there are just as many who are on the "Career tract". We can differ so much that it is really just easier to take each woman as an individual rather than try to fit us in a neat little role.

I will say that for the most part we are rather friendly and open but I would advise not coming on too strong as that tends to turn most women off. There is nothing wrong with just presenting yourself as a friendly guy who just happens to admire a woman for her beauty and intelligence.

Woman can usually tell if a guy is insincere or handing out a line. Just relax and try to be yourself and you will find that we respond well to a self-assured and polite man.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
That's the impression I get as well. Which is a little ironic as Hawaii is filled with Japanese, both in the local population and as tourists.
lol.

You are just grabbing at straws aren't you?

I will say for the fourth time that the first line of my original post came out all wrong and I wish I could edit it out, but the forum won't let me. *Thump* *Thump* Is this thing on?

If I hated Japanese women why would I study Japanese, live in Japan for 4 years and then move to Oahu? To punish myself for the sins of a past life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
As others have said Hawaiian women are much like women in the other parts of the US. There are those of us that are intensely family oriented while there are just as many who are on the "Career tract". We can differ so much that it is really just easier to take each woman as an individual rather than try to fit us in a neat little role.

I will say that for the most part we are rather friendly and open but I would advise not coming on too strong as that tends to turn most women off. There is nothing wrong with just presenting yourself as a friendly guy who just happens to admire a woman for her beauty and intelligence.

Woman can usually tell if a guy is insincere or handing out a line. Just relax and try to be yourself and you will find that we respond well to a self-assured and polite man.

Thank you so much for being the first person that shared truly insightful, interesting, and useful information about Hawaiian women. I thought your post was fantastic.

I assure you, as I have stated, nobody is trying to unfairly categorize or fit anyone into a neat little role... just interested in learning more.

Thank you kindly for your contribution and much love.

I would like to take this time to thank Nullgeo, Jonah K, and melaniej65 for being the only 3 posters to positively contribute to this thread without hostility. Plus reputation for you three.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:14 AM

329 posts, read 1,047,635 times
The private message I received from Lomistick:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomistick
Remove your slanderous picture immediately.
Go ahead, threaten me again.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:55 AM

Oh yippee, more trolling.

Here's what he just sent me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinsonCrusoe View Post
Click the "Report Post" button above my name, type in the word "harassment", then click "send report".
We all better do what he says!

Old 12-13-2010, 11:14 AM

1,014 posts, read 2,100,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomistick View Post
If defending myself from literally a page of negative assumptions and insults by saying that I am a good person makes me a royal jerk, than you got me man...
Defending yourself from negative assumptions and insults only proves that your ego is affected by them. And this 4 page thread is a testament to that.

You lived in Hilo for 2 years, why not just relax. How different can the women in Hilo be from the women on Oahu? Aside from it being a bigger city, and all that entails. Why the hurry to find out before you get there? Just let it happen naturally.

Don't get so choked up. It's just an internet forum. Poeple on this forum actually LIKE to help. But when you come in here swinging a bat with nails on it, people get pissed.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:10 PM

329 posts, read 1,047,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomistick View Post
Oh yippee, more trolling.

Here's what he just sent me.

We all better do what he says!
This is you:
  • sends threatening PMs
  • has the emotional control of a 5 year old
  • makes gross overgeneralizations about women according to race

Have you ever thought to yourself, "Hmm, Lomistick, is it possible that women don't like me because of my qualities...and not because of their race?" or "Do Hawaiian women avoid me because they are Hawaiian or because I get upset over little things and threaten people to get my way?"

also:

send me another threatening PM. i'm sure by your 5th or 6th one, I'll have seen the error of my ways.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:09 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,602,261 times
Real men don't need internet chat board advice to attract women.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:38 PM

92 posts, read 404,791 times
ha this thread needs a lock, asap...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii