Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:57 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,600,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
As for being a troll, well, check the polls my friend. Most people agree with MY point of view.
Not necessarily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 12:16 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,894,370 times
Quote:
... Most people agree with MY point of view.
"As labor battles erupt in state capitals around the nation, a majority of Americans say they oppose efforts to weaken the collective bargaining rights of public employee unions and are also against cutting the pay or benefits of public workers to reduce state budget deficits, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/01/us/01poll.html?_r=1

Old 03-07-2011, 01:07 PM

20 posts, read 33,677 times
Quote:
How is it off topic? Because I posted something that doesn't agree with your political views?

As for being a troll, well, check the polls my friend. Most people agree with MY point of view.
I disagree with you...I've worked both non-union and union on and off for over 40 years. Non-union employers treat you like feudal serfs and they are the Lords. You are subjected to any of their whims regardless of how good a worker you are. Unions have their problems, sure...but if one takes pride in their work and craftsmanship, the workers earn their money. Besides, unions actually raise the standard of pay and benefits for everyone.
And if you think union workers are overpaid with great benefits for doing nothing...if that's true, why don't you apply and join the gravy train?

Look at some simple stats...as unions lose ground...the gap between the wealthy and working class grows.

Wealth And Inequality In America

Sorry to be off topic.

Fuzzysuzie

Old 03-07-2011, 01:43 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,257,363 times
I'd like to see Richard Rosenblum and Constance Lau do the work of ten average HECO fieldworkers for a day, since they both get at least ten times the salary. Unfortunately, a nuclear engineer and a banker would probably electrocute themselves if they worked with high-voltage power lines. Heck, they'd probably electrocute themselves trying to wire a simple light switch.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:57 PM

285 posts, read 1,082,780 times
no need for panic the deal has been reached strike is over

Old 03-07-2011, 02:57 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,600,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzySuzie View Post
I disagree with you...I've worked both non-union and union on and off for over 40 years. Non-union employers treat you like feudal serfs and they are the Lords. You are subjected to any of their whims regardless of how good a worker you are. Unions have their problems, sure...but if one takes pride in their work and craftsmanship, the workers earn their money. Besides, unions actually raise the standard of pay and benefits for everyone.
And if you think union workers are overpaid with great benefits for doing nothing...if that's true, why don't you apply and join the gravy train?

Look at some simple stats...as unions lose ground...the gap between the wealthy and working class grows.

Sorry to be off topic.

Fuzzysuzie
I have always been non-union but have been treated well. That said, I do support the unions because they offer protection from abuses, and are certainly NOT the cause of any current fiscal crisis.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:21 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,442,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzySuzie View Post

Sorry to be off topic.

Fuzzysuzie
I worked both side's of the coin when it came to area's of beening a worker and a boss and sometime's on both side's of the table and i seen worker's who where so bad and you had to fight with the union to get rid of them and i seen the good work's who i worked with and have them treat like crap by the union over the fact that they did not play by the union rule's about some of the thing's we need done in the work force

I had lady person who was sick and i need to have the union side me when it came to helping me out with her medical problem and haveing them help with the state Disabity system and other thing's that came with the person going out on medical leave and beening paid for the time off when they where off ..

The union did everything they could to throw road block's in our path to make sure the lady was taken care of when the medical problem and the end we got everything that was need for the lady and the union was like ok on the whole time.

Last edited by henry1; 03-07-2011 at 03:36 PM..

Old 03-08-2011, 05:53 AM

1 posts, read 850 times
Where can I purchase a 5 gallon water container in the Kailua area?

Old 03-08-2011, 10:10 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,426,027 times
Do you mean Kailua in Honolulu County? Ace Hardware on Kihapai Street.

Do you mean Kailua in Hawai'i County? Ace Hardware on Kaiwi Street.

Big blue jugs. Might still be on sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii