Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 05:18 PM

4 posts, read 13,405 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the help. I'll check what his microchip says. I think he's just a "Domestic Shorthair" and he's just big. I just got worried because someone told me he looks like a 'bengal' because he is so big, but I think he's just a beefy-kid. He's my baby. I hate to bring more cats to Hawaii, because I know there is such a feral cat problem, but I've had these two for four years, and I'm very, very attached.

T minus 1 year to get there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 12:28 AM

119 posts, read 376,841 times
wow are you sure it's only 21lbs? My Egyptian Mau weighed 20 lbs when he was a year old and it's not close to that size, more like as small as the other cat in the picture. Cute kitty!

Old 03-22-2011, 11:37 AM

312 posts, read 1,374,268 times
well, bringing animals that are neutered, etc, to hawaii is different from allowing cats to breed and encouraging it without getting them fixed! no worries, and i know they will love it there, my cats did! they lost weight and seemed overall happier!

Old 03-24-2011, 05:55 PM

45 posts, read 130,309 times
My suggestion would be, You need to get in touch with the agriculture dept and ask them directly. Best would be writing them an email and sending them the picture. It is not a guarantee until they see him in person though.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:44 PM

3 posts, read 8,068 times
I have been talking to a pet relocator company that is on the oahu island and I asked them about my cats. I have 3 I need to take with me and 2 of them have spots like bengals do and I know bengals are banned. She told me to check previous records to see if they say DSH (Domestic Short Hair) and not bengal. She said the best thing to do would be to send a picture of them with the vet records stating they are DSH and not bengal for the pre-approval before you even enter the state and then you get final approval at inspection. She said they can turn cats away. I don't see why they would though if they are not bengal and they are not listed as bengal or hybrid on the vet records. I hope mine make it in. They are not bengals and 1 gets mistaken for 1 sometimes by people. I'm really scared. I can't lose them and especially for the reason of them being mistaken for something they are not :'(.

Keep us updated! Good Luck! Kitty is cute!

Old 04-26-2011, 11:39 AM

45 posts, read 130,309 times
City to tropics, Because the USDA is the final authority, responsible for Hawaii's eco system and what is legal or not. People try to do things that they should not as in smuggling in cats that are Bengals. They may love there cats, but there are very good reasons why they should not be there. I know they try to get them in because someone I know was trying to dupe them and bring those cats in.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:27 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
we do have breeders of bengal cats in the islands

Old 04-26-2011, 11:09 PM

3 posts, read 8,068 times
I heard of a bengal breeder on the islands. Maui right? Unless there's more than 1. I am not interested though because I still have to rent apartments for 2 more years until I have enough down payment for a house and the fact that I still want my cats (WHO ARE NOT BENGALS) and are not being classified as bengals. I guess we will see. Either way because bengals were allowed in the state until 2006, was it? They won't be getting rid of them anytime soon. I know someone who has one. They are the sweetest things!

@Lucywe I understand what some people may have done because I have heard the stories. I am in no way, shape, or form trying to do that. I know where my cats come from and I can track it back quite a bit!! I know people who have gotten through with spotted cats over the past 2 years and the difference that I could see between some of their cats and the bengal breed were their cats are lighter in color with dark brown and silver fur with a rough texture coat rather than being golden brown with a silky coat and with 2 slightly different color spots like the features bengals have. Their cats had solid color spots where as bengals have spots that are 2 colors, a solid color for the spot and a lighter or sometimes darker color around the spot to outline it. I worked at 2 vets. 1 for 3 years and another for a year. I am scared though because lots of things can change within 2 or 3 years, even 1!

Last edited by citytotropics; 04-26-2011 at 11:31 PM..

Old 03-05-2018, 07:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,157 times
Bengal Cats are able to impress us at the first sight by their beauty and predation eye. More about these great cats you can read at [url=https://lavieange.com/]bengal kittens new york[/url]. [url=https://lavieange.com/]https://lavieange.com/lavieange.jpg[/url]

Old 03-05-2018, 07:58 AM

10,555 posts, read 7,755,116 times
Bengals are beautiful, athletic animals but far from sweet IMO. My sister has one in Idaho. It's hyperactive and extremely aggressive towards other animals-not traits one usually associates with cats.

I sure wish people would be content with promoting the health and well being of our wild animals, which are rapidly dwindling (especially birds), and stop with the damn pets!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii