Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 08:25 PM

159 posts, read 367,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
All I;m saying is the numbers mean nothing because your talking exteams and not averages. This is what get people in trouble who move to hawaii, they seek out all the things to support their belief its cheaper on Hawaii.
So it's because of me blowing your believes that Hawaii can only be afforded by the ones already on Hawaii, that you don't like what I wrote. Not seeking out high/low to fit the cause, just the actuals for that day. Coming from a high cost state to Hawaii, many things are not more or the same. Now if you want to buy milk at $7.49 at the corner supermarket, while I go to Walmart and get it for $4.29...Yes, you would meeting your high cost analysis. Good for you, but I'll save my $3 plus and shop wisely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 12:11 PM

698 posts, read 1,510,766 times
I never really considered gas to be that expensive in Hawaii because while the price might be higher the average person has to travel less of a distance.

My gas bills in Seattle were much higher than they are in Honolulu

Old 07-05-2011, 03:34 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,694,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloha_silverlining View Post
So it's because of me blowing your believes that Hawaii can only be afforded by the ones already on Hawaii, that you don't like what I wrote. Not seeking out high/low to fit the cause, just the actuals for that day.

can't figure out what your try9ng to say cause it makes no sense.

You used a very high gas priice in CA and a very low gas price in HI to make the claim gas prices are higher in CA than HI. It would have made more sense if the average price in CA was higher than HI but since the average prices show that CA is lower, all the quoting of prices means nothing because your picking the prices that support your belief. So you go to walmart and get milk for $4.29. Based on what you said, I can show you milk prices at edna's whole milk natural farms for $5.25 in CA and that should be enough to support a claim that CA is higher. The real comparrison would be what is the milk price at walmart in Hawaii and the milk price at a walmart in Burbank. That;'s the true comparrison, not that fake thing you tried pulling by using the most highest gas price in CA to the lowest in HI. get real

Old 07-06-2011, 01:25 PM

820 posts, read 3,036,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHolliday! View Post
I never really considered gas to be that expensive in Hawaii because while the price might be higher the average person has to travel less of a distance.
This is certainly true for us too, on Maui. But then we're now working from home, versus years of commuting to work at a corporations. We do find that more of our social time is at home or in town, versus going out and away for fun. We're happier in town or within a smaller distance than before. Just getting to the beach is 1 mile versus 30 miles.

Our overall gasoline bill is way lower, even if we are buying the gallons for 30 cents more than in CA.

The exception was our first 6 months, when we had to go to Home Depot every day, or so it seemed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii