Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 11:01 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,451,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
I have a new iPad2 and love it. Took it with me on a short trip to Dallas last month, my cousin even borrowed it one day to check her bank account. So much easier than a laptop and was plenty for my needs as I didn't need a computer, just needed (wanted, really) to be able to do a few things while I was travelling. It was great when I got delayed 5 hours in HNL - watched a couple of movies via my Netflix account!
Did you notice how much easlyer it is to go through the checkpoint with the ipad and it basic items you need for it .. Compared to a laptop and all it cords and other device's that you use ..Also cutting down on the crap that you travel with my ipad has replace 3 basic device i carryed with me .1-laptop-2-ipod-3-smart phone-4-accessories items i need to carry on trips..

My new bag for my ipad2 is a Harlem Grammey Messenger sling bag it hold just the basic and i love that about it .When i travel i just carry the basic thing's with me ..1-ipad-2-power cable-3-Incase combo 12.volt & electrical plug in unit-4-headphone's in carrrying case-5-screen cleaning cloth in ziplock plastic bag-6-blood sugar checker machine with accessories item in own carrying case 7-over the counter meds item in ind travel pack's packed in a extra large medication vial for travel-8-travel bathroom wipe's-9-cellphone travel power cord ..this all packed into the bag in the front and rear pockets as it need for travel . with most of the items are packed into the socalled grid it unit for travel ..

The one thing i love about it doing a meeting i can do use the application called To Do note takeing application and i jot down my notes as they are needed .
Attached Thumbnails
First week with only a Ipad and Cellphone use only-548_xlarge.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 11:16 AM

3,198 posts, read 13,427,939 times
Yes, I had bought a padded case that was just a couple of inches longer than the iPad, slipped that into my purse (large!) along w/ the charger cord and my iPhone. Same cord works for both of course so I only needed the one. At Security I just took the iPad out of my purse and laid it alongside in the bin and zipped right through. I also have the magnetic cover for the iPad that turns it off and on when you close and open the "cover" which doubles as a versatile stand.

Now, when our MLS finally makes the website compatible with browsers other than IE (grrrrr) I know I will use it a lot for work. I can buy an app that allows one to access your home or office computer from the iPad thereby allowing me to be on the MLS but you have to leave your computer on with that website open in order for it to work.

We have to buy a new printer today, so we will get a one with wireless capability, I'm interested to see now how I can "print" from the iPad too.

One of the most fun things for my trip, which was to a family reunion, is that I put a ton of photos in 2 or 3 "albums" on the iPad, and my relatives had a blast watching the slideshows as sometimes it is years between our visits, and since I live so far away, my visits back to Texas are too few and far between. One of my cousins put a lot of them on the slideshow he was doing for our big dinner in a restaurant where we had access to the 4 big TV screens in the center of the room, and he played that all during the evening. I was really glad I had taken the time to put the pictures on the iPad. Many of my older relatives do not go online that much so even though most of them are on my online albums, they had not seen them. It was a nice little addition to our evening.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:54 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,451,376 times
When i was in the jury pool waiting to be picked i played card game's all day waiting for them to call me for the jury that was beening picked ..

Your right there is need for alot more website that can use a device like the ipad without the socalled flash part of the website..Your market area is really missing out on the socalled marketable use of the ipad when showing off a house with a 3D layout of the room might look with furniture in it ..

Old 07-10-2011, 03:17 PM

3,198 posts, read 13,427,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
When i was in the jury pool waiting to be picked i played card game's all day waiting for them to call me for the jury that was beening picked ..

Your right there is need for alot more website that can use a device like the ipad without the socalled flash part of the website..Your market area is really missing out on the socalled marketable use of the ipad when showing off a house with a 3D layout of the room might look with furniture in it ..
Not to mention looking up listings quickly and easily without having to lug a labtop around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii