Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 09:13 AM

5,528 posts, read 12,687,102 times

Advertisements

I never watched even one episode and don't plan too. It would have been interesting to see her farm, but it's Roseanne Barr, for crying out loud. She's already proven herself to be a whiny, humorless $&% who can't say five words in a row without using profanity. The commercials advertising the show were enough for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 11:19 AM

2,624 posts, read 7,266,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Renovated the Kaumela museum? There have been yard sales there lately and the folks seem to be selling everything, it sure didn't look anywhere renovated within the past decade or two, let alone 2009. Don't know who was doing the selling, but it sounded like the fellow who had been there for years and years.
Perhaps the Kamuela Museum was only "renovated" for the episode of "Roseanne's Nuts" that was filmed there. I wonder how much Danny Akaka Jr. and his wife got paid to appear on that episode and "bless" it?

Old 08-03-2011, 02:09 PM

820 posts, read 3,037,454 times
I'm not sure WHY I'd even want to give it a try. I don't like RB and don't want to support her by watching her show and having the cable company log my viewing for their reporting.

I am glad that there are shows based on life here on the islands, but unfortunately there isn't anything I could see that would be positive about the RB show. It's got to be based on her outrageous, profane, mean style. And what good is that?

Can't see where the show would encourage others to visit or move to Hawaii, nor others to start a business that would be beneficial to the islands. Also RB seems to encourage treating others like crap, and that goes against one of the things I like most about living here.

I respect that others enjoy it, but it's just not for me.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:52 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,405,349 times
I'm happy to see that sanity stills exists in Hawaii, and that most people here find Roseanne and her show obnoxious. (I check this forum almost every day, and I somehow missed the previous thread on this topic.)

Old 08-03-2011, 06:57 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,062,484 times
The cable companies log our viewing? I hadn't even thought of that! Kewl! Now I have a valid reason to be picky about what we watch so no RB, I guess! Sorry I can't rep you any more at the moment, Calico.

I've only known one person who has personally known RB and he would generally froth at the mouth when her name was mentioned. I don't know her myself, nor do I watch much TV so my judgement is only based on second hand knowledge not that it is all that important anyway.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:45 PM

575 posts, read 1,200,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Renovated the Kaumela museum? There have been yard sales there lately and the folks seem to be selling everything, it sure didn't look anywhere renovated within the past decade or two, let alone 2009. Don't know who was doing the selling, but it sounded like the fellow who had been there for years and years.

The farm is supposed to be over in Kapulena, half way between Honokaa and Waipio lookout.

Hmmmm......I drove that road last Thursday after hiking in the Waipio Valley and there was a big fire just off the road. Fire officials and law enforcement had traffic stopped both ways. Wonder if she started it?

Old 08-03-2011, 07:49 PM

575 posts, read 1,200,062 times
I've never watched her show, but when I was over there I did hear about her refusal to kill a wild pig. Probably didn't set too well with the local folk.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:03 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,069,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoDan View Post
I've never watched her show, but when I was over there I did hear about her refusal to kill a wild pig. Probably didn't set too well with the local folk.
I liked her before......like her even more now.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:12 PM

236 posts, read 649,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoDan View Post

At least she protects her own kind.

(The wild pig was probably cuter and smelled better, though.)

Old 08-03-2011, 08:22 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,524,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex7777 View Post
At least she protects her own kind.

(The wild pig was probably cuter and smelled better, though.)
Egads!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii