Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 10:19 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,404,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Please read the title of this thread again! I didn't know Roseanne has nutz.
It's the title of her show, and it's a triple entendre (I do give her cleverness credit for that):

1) Roseanne has macadamia nuts.

2) Roseanne is nuts.

3) Roseanne has cojones, in the figurative sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 12:50 PM

820 posts, read 3,036,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
The cable companies log our viewing? I hadn't even thought of that! Kewl! Now I have a valid reason to be picky about what we watch so no RB, I guess! Sorry I can't rep you any more at the moment, Calico.
Yup, since digital, it's truly easy for them to log & store the info. At some point, there won't be a need for the Neilsen ratings, or even for the classic "ratings week" when all the networks put on the really great episodes in hopes of getting a higher rating. Why rate only a specific week, when the data is available for all 365 days?

Old 08-08-2011, 02:47 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,265,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico Salsa View Post
Yup, since digital, it's truly easy for them to log & store the info. At some point, there won't be a need for the Neilsen ratings, or even for the classic "ratings week" when all the networks put on the really great episodes in hopes of getting a higher rating. Why rate only a specific week, when the data is available for all 365 days?
However, organizations that track TV ratings haven't quite figured out how to collect info about who watches a particular TV show online.
HowStuffWorks "How does online streaming affect TV ratings?"

Old 08-08-2011, 03:07 PM

74 posts, read 166,377 times
I've been watching it just because it's on the Big Island. We're finally moving there Sept 5th. Bought a place in HPP last year, and my daughter and our one year old grandaughter live nearby. We've gone over evry chance we got and have spent enough time there that we know we love it there.
My wife went over one time, and I could,'t go (no time off). She was at the open air market in Hilo and saw Rosanne and her guy there.

Jon

Old 08-08-2011, 03:43 PM

820 posts, read 3,036,916 times
It is harder to tell who watches online streaming, at least who in particular. They can still note that a show has been streamed ten thousand times, but then what do they do with that information? With digital cable, or satellite, then know that I watched In Plain Sight. Not that they care, just yet; most data is still used as an aggregate. Some day the fact that I watched that show will mean I get certain advertisements or offers, but that's not here yet.

And I have heard that unfortunately more data doesn't mean better interpretations - this is not limited to analyzing TV data.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:20 PM

941 posts, read 1,968,836 times
Just felt I needed to comment on JoDan's "Ever seen the damage these invasive species do to the natural environment? If you had, you might not feel that way."

Yes, the wild pigs are invasive and are slowly killing the native forest ecosystem. And hunters kill pigs. That does not mean that hunters want to eradicate pigs (far, far from it), nor that eradicating pigs means killing them (it just means getting them out of the native ecosystem, though it's probably much cheaper to kill them than trap and remove them).

Old 08-09-2011, 12:25 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,056,268 times
Well, they are shipping some of the feral donkeys to California, maybe that state needs feral pigs, too?

Old 08-09-2011, 10:03 PM

64 posts, read 264,839 times
Nope, got plenty here

Old 08-09-2011, 10:47 PM

19 posts, read 49,483 times
Ok, when and where is this show on? Now I've gotta give it a look.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:55 PM

64 posts, read 264,839 times
Wednesday - Lifetime Channel, California time 6:00-6:30 and 6:30-7:00 (two episodes)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii