Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 01:29 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,899,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marriza View Post
thanks whtviper1.. are you a nurse also? I see that you are in Honolulu, I am from Maui.
I'm not a nurse. I'm on the mgmt team of a healthcare software and services company. There is a glut of nurses right now. We are hiring nurses for clinical domain knowledge in Oahu - but, they are taking the jobs for the sake of taking a job - they'd rather be in nursing. Some will be moving back to the mainland soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 02:21 AM

431 posts, read 939,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMorala View Post
Hi! I'm looking for Filipino nurses here in Hawaii. Just arrived recently and got no one to talk too regarding nursing stuffs. Got many questions in mind. Hope someone would be patient enough to answer.

To start with, I'm an RN in Phil but didn't take the NCLEX yet. I'm planning to take the exam here but kinda worried if I'm eligible or qualified to take it and how much should I pay for it.
Is it hard to look for nursing jobs here? I graduated 2009 and volunteered for 3 months in a public hospital. Basically I have no 1 or 2 years experience and I know volunteer nurse would not add up to my experience.

I'm starting to feel hopeless right now. Can someone tell me what should I do. Thanks!
You might want to get in touch with the Philippine Nurses Association of Hawaii:

Philippine Nurses Association Hawaii, PNAA, PNAH, Oahu, Island, Joe

Old 03-04-2013, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 4,958 times
Default need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by marriza View Post
Hi rose.. how are you? I am a filipino nurse on Maui but still unemployed. I don't have any nursing experience. I graduated in 2009 too. I already passed NCLEX but it's just so hard to find job in Hawaii without experience. Would love to help you regarding NCLEX application and review.
Hi marissa, Im new here in hawaii and I am RN in philippines. I have only 4 months working experienced in primary hospital in the philippines. I already have my ATT to take Nclex-Rn exam.. Can you help me in review like what book i need to read and you have any idea what usually kind of questions they ask on computer?

-Mae-

Old 03-04-2013, 06:21 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmfern18 View Post
Hi marissa, Im new here in hawaii and I am RN in philippines. I have only 4 months working experienced in primary hospital in the philippines. I already have my ATT to take Nclex-Rn exam.. Can you help me in review like what book i need to read and you have any idea what usually kind of questions they ask on computer?

-Mae-
Hi Mae,

Marriza hasn't posted anything since 4/12, I don't think she is around any longer.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:17 PM

6 posts, read 11,567 times
I am a filipino graduated nurse in Philippines.I want to take nclex exam here in Hawaii.I applied online and they told to me that the Cgfns will be the one to evaluate my documents then forward it to BON.Just want to ask after I applied online whats next?And where it is easy to take exam here in Hawaii or in San diego.Thank you

Old 09-22-2013, 08:43 PM

Help where easy to take exam here in hawaii or in San diego

Old 09-22-2013, 10:17 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,428,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgcvictoria View Post
Help where easy to take exam here in hawaii or in San diego
Have you been to the NCLEX website? It says the exams are given at Pearsons test centers. There's one in Honolulu, three in San Diego. It's a computer exam, so it will be equally easy or hard, as the case may be, wherever you take it.

Good luck.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:28 AM

I already seen the application of Cgfns here in hawaii but have not yet aapplied.If eever I apply it what will be the next.?And somebody told me that taking nclex here in Hawaii is a long procssing.Is that true?Somebody told me it is easier to take it in San diego.thank u

Old 09-23-2013, 08:15 AM

431 posts, read 939,730 times
NCLEX is a national exam. I believe that all NCLEX exams are computer-based now.
No more pencil-and-paper two-day exams like years ago.
There is a "quick result" feature available in many states that enables you to see your preliminary score within several days of taking the test. LOL...it used to take 3-4 months to get your results.
Individual states have different requirements for re-registration. Continuing education units are required for some but not for others (Hawaii has no CEU requirements).
But the initial exam is nationally based and there is no benefit, in terms of "easiness," to taking the test in San Diego as opposed to Hawaii.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:33 AM

Can I get your e mail adress?I just want to ask some questions that bother me.Pls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: