Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 12:25 AM

1,375 posts, read 6,309,692 times

Advertisements

When the neighbors put out their inflatable Santa/Reindeer decorations. Or, up the street, an inflatable "Snow Globe"...it's snowing in the front yard!

Kind of sad...the Santa/Reindeer was up all weekend, but was already flat when I drove by tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 05:23 PM

850 posts, read 4,368,012 times
you know it's christmas in hawai'i when you can't find a parking space at the mall. go shopping in the morning and you will have better luck. people get a little crazy if you "steal" "their" stall. is that considered road rage, mall rage or christmas rush rage?!

Old 12-16-2007, 08:04 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,583,646 times
Eh, you know it stay Christmas in Hawaii wen Kani is tryin fo steal your parkin spot at Ala Moana, an all your relatives like you send em mac nuts, WITOUT DA LUA PEPPAH, Eh, dey nevah know anyways, howzit gonna hurt? And you gettin ready fo make Kani-Lelolos oven kalua pork, wit da peppah watah, goin broke da mout, gauren ball bearins!!!!!!!!!! An no foget da Hanalei poi!!!!!!!

Aloha and okolemaluna

Old 12-16-2007, 10:07 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,309,692 times
I drove down Kilauea Ave earlier this evening and saw a real snowman at the end of a driveway! A dad and son were just putting the finishing touches on it, including the hat. When I came back home, the snowman was a pile of snow by the road . But I bet that made the little guy's Christmas pretty special!

Old 12-16-2007, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
Eh, you know it stay Christmas in Hawaii wen Kani is tryin fo steal your parkin spot at Ala Moana, an all your relatives like you send em mac nuts, WITOUT DA LUA PEPPAH, Eh, dey nevah know anyways, howzit gonna hurt? And you gettin ready fo make Kani-Lelolos oven kalua pork, wit da peppah watah, goin broke da mout, gauren ball bearins!!!!!!!!!! An no foget da Hanalei poi!!!!!!!

Aloha and okolemaluna

eh, i no steal! i no even drive, braddah

your kalikimaka feast sounds ono!

Old 12-16-2007, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynmkolohe View Post
I drove down Kilauea Ave earlier this evening and saw a real snowman at the end of a driveway! A dad and son were just putting the finishing touches on it, including the hat. When I came back home, the snowman was a pile of snow by the road . But I bet that made the little guy's Christmas pretty special!

sounds like great memories!! i wonder who enjoyed it the most? the son or
the father? let it snow! let it snow! let it snow!

Last edited by scirocco22; 12-17-2007 at 10:53 PM.. Reason: kani, please don't put the smiley central advertising banner in your posts! Thanks.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:05 AM

90 posts, read 297,000 times
Quote:
da local girlz ask santa for da kine bambucha hawaiian bracelet.
I literally lol'd. The translation is too funny, too.
It's right but just the need for a translation is funny.

Anyway...

Old 12-22-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerlene View Post
I literally lol'd. The translation is too funny, too.
It's right but just the need for a translation is funny.

Anyway...

some people don't understand the pidgin.

anyway, you know it's christmas in hawai'i when the christmas tree vendors are stuck with a whole lot of trees that they were charging astronomical prices for and now you can get one at kmart for $1. that's right, $1!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii