Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 07:47 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,792,714 times

Advertisements

Aloha, Howzit.

This startted in the 50's, A young wahine on a date with her boyfriend was using the bathroom in Waialae Drive-in. When she noticed another young wahine was already at one of the sinks brushing her long black hair straight down her face. She decides to go ahead with freshening up her makeup and brushing her hair, but after a few minutes she couldn't resist not noticing how wonderful this wahines long black hair was, and stopping what she is was doing she startted to say something when the wahine brushing her long black hair straight down flings her head back, her long black hair flying back to review a heart stopping sight, this wahine had no face, no eyes, nose, mouth. The wahine drops her purse and screems and runs for the door. Later the management searches the bathroom to find nothing.

Some say Waialae Drive-in was built partly on grave yard grounds. Eventhough Waialae Drive-in is gone to this day people see the faceless ghost around the island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 08:21 PM

5,531 posts, read 12,731,375 times
okay, I know that there's a new "Most Informative Poster" contest, but Hawaiian by Heart do you have to post the exact same comments twice within 15 minutes?

And, no I really don't plan to start talking pidgin. I think it sounds pretty stupid for a white mainlander to try to copy someone's slang.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
okay, I know that there's a new "Most Informative Poster" contest, but Hawaiian by Heart do you have to post the exact same comments twice within 15 minutes?

And, no I really don't plan to start talking pidgin. I think it sounds pretty stupid for a white mainlander to try to copy someone's slang.
If you know anything about me? You would know that im not here to win any contests, or look good in the hood. I share and post only out of love for Hawai'i and culture. This tread is an example of whats wrong with CDF lately. Out of all the post on here look how many are just negative, hateful . I repeat my posts sometimes because i don't like the hate, bad garbage to take front seat ok? So i tell you what? i didn't sign up for this contest and i didn't in the past, but if by chance i win(even when i didn't sign up for it) i will give you the money ok? Deal? Now do you think you guys can stop the negativity and follow the subject of this thread mahalo?

Old 10-03-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
I don't think it was posted twice on purpose......... It reposted, BY ITSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHICKEN SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you aware i kind of dedicated this thread to a friend who just died and loved Hawai'i and Obake stories. Don't you guys think your kinda being disrespectul?

Old 10-03-2013, 10:14 PM

Aloha,

Please my kamaaina bruddahs and sistahs please share some of your favorite chik'n'skin tales Mahalo nui loa.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:20 PM

It was a dark night in 2005, a couple was driving near kionaola Rd. under the Pali Highway bridges near by Morgan’s Corner. The night was dark and it was pouring. Traveling along at a reasonable speed because of the conditions. After passing under the bridges, there headlights swipped past a young teenage girl standing on the side of the road. The couple thought how weird it was that this girl was standing in the rain when there was cover a short distance away. Slowing to a slower speed, the husband decided to go back in aloha fashion to ask if the girl was lost, needed a ride or at least if they could call someone on the cellphone for her? As they got got close enough to the girl and rolled down the window and to say something, the couple freezed in horror, standing by the the side of the road was a teen girl with blood down the front of her cloths, the couple could see the big bullet wound. Stepping on the gas in terror the couple sped off.
Cont next post:

Old 10-04-2013, 08:25 PM

Cont last post:

Looking thru the rearview mirror the girl was gone.

Some people place the story of two 13-year old girls who were kidnapped by a military man at Morgan’s Corner.* The girls ran, and one was killed.* This is a true story of a 1975 murder,

Old 10-05-2013, 10:43 PM

Aloha,Howzit?

In 1950s there was a roadcrew working on a roadway by Schofield Barracks, a U.S. Army base in central O'ahu.

While grading a road behind the base the crew ran across a huge rock raising in the middle of the path where the road was to be. Bulldozers were brought up to move the rock, but foundout the base was to deep and wide to budge. They even tried connecting big strong chains to the rock and having bulldozers pull it out of the way, but the chains snapped. Having wasted almost a day of work, the crew's engineer decided they would have to get some explosives and blow the huge stone up so they can continue to work on the new road. As the crew left the worksite to get the explosives and comeback. They found the huge rock was gone from the spot where it was and now lay on the side of where the road was to be built. There was drag marks on the ground.

It is belived in Hawai'ian spirituality that everything has a spirit. Could it be that even stones have life?

Old 10-05-2013, 11:37 PM

12,120 posts, read 18,026,121 times
[quote=hawaiian by heart;31693272] Could it be that even stones have life?[/QUOTE

Nope.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:49 PM

Aloha

In 1954 four classmates from Farrington high were walking at night at Sandy Beach. One of the boys startted lagging behind as they walked to there campground south of the beach. Suddenly, hearing a scream from the boy who lagged behind, the group turned around to see a terrifying sight. There friend was floating towards the ocean like he was being carried. As the group ran to help there friend a big wave struck the boy. Struggling out of the water screaming, the friend said "where is that wahine?" "I will kill her". What wahine?, the friends asked, you were floating to the water, we saw no wahine. The dazed boy explained that this Hawai'ian wahine came out of the ocean, hit me in the head and was taking me to the ocean. Once again the friends said there was nobody. To this day the boy sticks to his story.

Sometimes a calling ghost dosnt wait for a response. To this day locals are careful walking at night at Sandy Beach.

Feel free to post your favorite chicken skin stories. Mahalo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii