Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 01:25 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,432,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
You don't have to live off the end of the road to be off the grid. Lots of folks live off the grid in town. However, there was a forum up around Volcano called "Sensible Simplicity" where there was a lot of sustainableness and off grid stuff talked about for several years, then the fellow eventually kind of gave up on educating the public and started a rock-n-roll band instead.
Is that what happened? I wondered why it seemed so dead the last few times I checked in. Well, being in a rock-n-roll band can be kind of like going off the grid, in a social sense.

Anyway, I don't get the sense that this documentary will be sensationalistic... Ally said she's been working for a year on the Alaska show... and I think she can find all the material she needs right on the Big Island. There's lots of "end-of-the-road" stories to be told.

Hey, did you see the county has just authorized a hunting season on feral cattle that are roaming around on the slopes above Hilo. They're setting up a lottery system for awarding the permits, so get your names in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 01:57 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
and sippin on the occasional martini!!
Pretty good story except I rarely have a martini. Although I do recommend the scratch mai tai at the Royal Hawaiian.

And, in case anyone thinks there is a racial tone to my username - formed years ago when I started playing online poker and had a White Dodge Viper at the time and kept the name.

Now I have to go and make sure no snails are crawling across my car with a bee on top of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii