Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 08:36 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,775,788 times

Advertisements

Aloha,

Ive been here at CDF for awhile now, even being born and raised part of my life in Oahu i have learned new things from the Malihini(newcomer) transplants(not so new lol) and Kama'aina(locals) on here, life is good.

I think, no scrach that, i know the best advice i have heard on this forum was so simple and made you want to hit your forehead with you palm of your hand and say duh lol. The best advice about moving to Hawai'i is(are you ready for this, get hand ready lol.) "Do research and research your research before you move" Can't express how important this is to the success of the transition from mainland to Hawai'i.

Who buys a car without checking it out first or finding out the miles per gallon of gas? Like buying a car, each brand of car is same but different. Same with Hawai'i, some areas you will see no difference between it and mainland and other areas it will be like stepping into another country entirely. This is why its important to prepare yourselves for a change. Anyone want to add?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 05:12 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,586,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
lol, well i can sure program your computer
That explains a lot.

Aloha

Old 10-31-2013, 12:09 PM

Aloha,

I recieved a direct message from someone i have respect for this morning. Laying out perceptions of my actions on here. He explained it in a way i understood. And understanding your perception help to be able to place myself in your shoes.

First, there has been complaints that i just post to much or talk to much.

1) First i have a ton of posts, not because i post alot. In fact i post prob 1/2 if 1/4 of what my post counter says. Why? Because the device that i use mostly for some reason will only let me type 1/2 or 1/4 of the letters that others can type in there post, thus causing me to type multiple post for a paragraph etc.

2)The truth is out of the real half/fourth of the posts i post. Really only half of those are Hawai'i, im active in relationships, military, music, movie etc. I also have blogs too.

cont next post.
example of space.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:19 PM

Cont from above.

3) No offense, ive been here 1/2 year now. With the exception of the obake, foods, moving tips 1@2 ive had the same threads since i startted. the fact is i have just as many threads on relationships as Hawai'i. But for some reason the only complaint i get from anyone is from Hawai'i. Havent heard 1 complaint, nothing from anyone else in all of cdf? Why?

4) Out of 4,000 threads for Hawai'i i have 8 now, 1 im closing tomarrow and another prob getting closed for not being on topic. Also i only use one general sub cat and thats general Hawai'i.

Arguments that i repeat information thats already postted.

5)This is just my opinion, but i truely doubt that anyone now can come up with a truely org thread or post that doesn't use info that has been postted in the past, infact most of the time i can follow people, and lookup stuff (and pointout info already used if i wantted to but don't, i don't think im that important)

cont next post

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 10-31-2013 at 12:51 PM..

Old 10-31-2013, 12:33 PM

Cont from above

6) Im here on a daily bases, often spending hours a day. So no i don't feel i have gone to extremes. Further, i am defensive, because why do i have to prove my right to exist to anyone? The only real complaints i have heard is i talk to much or that i have been removed from Hawai'i for 30years. Maybe one or two complaints about facts, but mostly those where perception argument issues. So im sorry the spirit of intent for your complaints about me appears to me to be a case that some people have made this a competition, and are sore. Further i care about my neighbors(you) and have compromised by cutting down on updating my threads. Used to be 3x a week , now once a week, except obake(closing tomorrow and tips #2)

There for, I guess im going to have to ask why is this soooo important? Where do some of you guys get the ideal that you are more important then others or to even regulate others behavior on your own?

Cont to next post

Old 10-31-2013, 12:43 PM

cont from last post,

Shot whats even worse to this fact is i haven't displayed the same behavior on you, i may disagree with you but i don't feel i have a right to come onto your threads and make you account to why you have a right to exist etc. Hogwash.

But really i am sad that i stepped on peoples toes unintentional because truely you all are my brothers and sisters and im a peaceful guy. I am truely sorry if i have hurt anyone or made anyone to resent me. I only wish aloha for you and me.

Signed

Palenaka, A, Houghtailing

Ps i just hope we can now live in peace and aloha.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 10-31-2013 at 12:54 PM..

Old 10-31-2013, 01:01 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,970,754 times
Quote:

1) First i have a ton of posts, not because i post alot.
Where the posting goes overboard is when you post over and over and over to threads you start even when nobody has responded - If nobody responds, takes that as a hint.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Where the posting goes overboard is when you post over and over and over to threads you start even when nobody has responded - If nobody responds, takes that as a hint.
But thats my point viper, why is that so important to you or anyone else? You can easily not come on to the treads or ignore them? Am i posting the exact same info on each update or am i giving new info? Even when people don't respond, people are reading it,(not an ego thing) Every thread i have except the new ones and one other has as least 1,000-10,000 views. Thats people who toned in because they were interestted in the issue, just because they don't respond doesn't mean they not interestted or didn't get helped. This is not a chat line, but a place to share information.

You know soon there will be a time where i will not have anything to post because ive shared all my knowledge. Then all my posts and threads and knowledge will become part of the archive.

Think positive whtviper1.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 10-31-2013 at 01:48 PM..

Old 10-31-2013, 01:46 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,970,754 times
Quote:
But thats my point viper, why is that so important to you?
It was a general statement - not a statement of importance.

Figured you would want to know since you took 4 posts to tell us you don't post a lot.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
It was a general statement - not a statement of importance.

Figured you would want to know since you took 4 posts to tell us you don't post a lot.
And then there are people who are just unhappily no matter what you do or say, then that by responsibility becomes there issue. Ive tried whtviper1 i really have to bridge the gap of understanding between us. Good luck wit your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: