Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 09:48 AM

35 posts, read 51,953 times

Advertisements

thanks, for the input i had read more opportunity on Oahu im working at a temp agency now and getting a lot of experience in different things. , as for the sorry I an two million bloggers when i highlight stuff on my computer cause i have linux it copies it automatically and sometime for whatever the reason it pastes it when im typing. i didn't read it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 11:07 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagrl21 View Post
since you seem to know so much about me, first i moved to Nebraska to go visit my little brother before i moved in to help my sister in law when my bro is deployed, i had to give my dad money so he wasnt evicted from his house so i didn't have money for insurance.yes when i was 15 i got in trouble for something that was blown out of proportion. im 23 now and not got into any trouble. yes i checked out wooffing sue me, and i have checked out a few different things and different places to move to im a horrible person. so before you go talking **** know what the hell your talking about. and i didnt just say waitress, it was late and i just got home from working all night and my brain wasnt working correctly on little sleep and i was giving an example of tourist type jobs.
thanks to everyone else who wasnt a jerk.
You may think I was trash talking you, but I wasn't. All I did was hold up a mirror of things you've posted about yourself in the hope that you might get a glimpse of what I saw, and others might see in your communications... and since that mirror reflection made you angry and defensive (see above), I suggest you dig into that for your own personal education, because the real world won't be nearly as polite as I am about your shortcomings.

Seriously, stop and take a good look at what I skimmed together from your posts, and then imagine you are a hiring manager in Honolulu, looking at your job application, listening to your story, and evaluating your track record to date.
What's the picture it paints? What kind of person is this? What does she have to offer? Why should I hire this person? Is this person going to be a solution for me, or a problem?
Good luck.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:19 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,276,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagrl21 View Post
well after many many debates with myself i decided im moving to Hawaii. im young with no commitments so now is the best time to try, if i dont i know i will regret it. i know it will be hard to not see my mom hardly at all, but if i moved to where i was going to i wouldn't see her hardly at all there either so may as well move to Hawaii. I will be basically taking my clothes and a few things that will fit in my 2 check on bags, or one. and a carry on. im moving in February, and i will have only 4,000 saved up. but im going to take the plunge, im buying a plane ticket next month, im excited. i decided on Oahu, from what it sounds like i could get a job as like a waitress or stuff like that, more likely 2 jobs. from what i read oahu has the most opportunities for that area of work. i will be just renting a room from someone instead of a whole apartment till i get settled and a steady job or two and can afford it.
I am going to wait to tell my mom till after i get my ticket, she will be sad but its my dream and i just know i will regret it later if i dont, she will understand
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Hi, I see you're back again.

Quite an adventure you've been having, living in Florida, living in Nebraska, going to court in Kansas for driving without insurance, working on your AA degree, thinking about becoming a mechanic, checking out WOOFing on Oahu and Maui, checking out warehouse jobs in Salt Lake City, and in Colorado, and in Minnesota, and in Wisconsin and coming up dry.

And now with your recent work experience in warehousing and owning two dogs and having a prison record you've decided on coming to the most expensive state, with very little money in your pocket, to try your hand at being a waitress.

Well, alrighty then!

Definitely you should choose Oahu, because they have the most restaurants.

Always fun chatting with you.
It looks like you need a reality check! You may think that $4K is a lot of money and will last a long time. It isn't much money at all, it's more than 'chump change', but not that much more, and won't last you long at all. That $4K didn't even last two weeks for me in Hawaii. But it will last you much longer if you rent rooms, maybe in very seedy areas.

Since you have a record, it will be harder for you to find jobs, which shouldn't be a surprise. I recommend you forget about going anywhere, except to going back to school. Get an education in something that has good income potential and a good chance of finding a job.

I noticed that no one answered your post in Minnesota. I happen to know a lot about Minnesota. There are many lakes here. The slogan on the license plates is "Land of 10,000 Lakes". It's actually well over 10,000 lakes, depending on how you define a lake. Yes, there are hundreds of trail miles, maybe thousands of trail miles. The welfare system is very generous here. The winters are very cold and snowy.

Take a serious look at yourself and picture where you want to be in life 10, 20, or 30 years from now. You are still very young. You have the chance to quit making bad decisions and make some good decisions in your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: