Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 06:19 AM

13,403 posts, read 28,723,726 times

Advertisements

Friend was stationed in Hawaii for several years, she's back on mainland now so from what she has told me, Hawaii is expensive and she had the PX.
Depending on where your home base is on the mainland airfare can be very pricy should you want to come back to visit or need too for a family emergency. For example, when my friend's Mom passed away last June had she not been US Army it would have cost a small fortune to get her and her daughter back to NJ for funeral.

If you have a newer car you can't sell on mainland, it's expensive to ship to Hawaii as are your personal belongings, you can only take so much on a plane.

I would give Miami a go first. Uhaul for personal things, can take your car and if it doesn't work or you don't like it cheaper to get back to where you came from or try some other place than Hawaii.

I would not even think of a place as remote from the mainland as Hawaii unless I spent some time there first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 03:26 PM

834 posts, read 1,217,454 times
Let me phrase the question from a different angle: What do you want from girls: Sex or commitment?

Commitment requirements are higher in Hawaii; sex more easily available in Miami.

With commitment you get less pressure to earn a high salary, especially if your are not putting too much focus on looks.

With more sexual expectations you better earn a much higher salary than what you mention. And built a local social network fast to get variation and street creds. A Porsche or Corvette still work wonders.

But I assume you want to dabble in both, then I would recommend Little Havana in Miami. Those mamacitas will set your priorities straight either way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii