Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 09:55 AM

23 posts, read 29,022 times

Advertisements

Aloha. I have been reading all over the internet that Hawaiians are all homeless and poor. Hawaii is expensive, right? I don't know. Hawaii seems cheaper than California to me. But I also read that a family with 4 kids gets $12,000 a MONTH in Welfare! I can't believe that no rentals exist under $12,000 a month? Hawaii is expensive, but not THAT expensive. Do they just use their money for drugs or what?

Mahalo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 11:13 AM

5,528 posts, read 12,701,319 times
Whaaaaa?

You read really strange things

Old 06-03-2017, 04:16 PM

23 posts, read 29,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Whaaaaa?

You read really strange things
It's all over the internet. Even Hawaiians are calling for them to lower welfare. It seems like a lot to me. We will not be coming with that much money! Frankly, I think if we could get on welfare, we would be rich. I have never made that much in my life!

Old 06-03-2017, 05:34 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,701,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krautandrice View Post
It's all over the internet. Even Hawaiians are calling for them to lower welfare. It seems like a lot to me. We will not be coming with that much money! Frankly, I think if we could get on welfare, we would be rich. I have never made that much in my life!
"All over the internet" is meaningless. There's a lot of fake news all over the internet.

Please give us your source for specific information about families getting $12000 a month in welfare. If you can't quote a specific source, then don't post such nonsense.

Old 06-03-2017, 08:44 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,586,037 times
Quote:
"All over the internet" is meaningless. There's a lot of fake news all over the internet.

Please give us your source for specific information about families getting $12000 a month in welfare. If you can't quote a specific source, then don't post such nonsense.
If you researched the matter further, via the Internet, 'Bastion of Undeniable Truth', you'd soon find that it's not 12K a month, it's actually 15K a month. Of course, only cannibals, or those closely related to cannibals, (not just those with cannibalistic 'tendencies, posers, to say the least), qualify for the assistance program.

Always here to,,, uuurrrrppppp, okole maluna

Old 06-04-2017, 04:47 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,566,715 times
Quote:

yes he should give us the sources otherwise, it would appear that hes merely trolling. Otherwise I'll call bull****andlice.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:06 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,284,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
yes he should give us the sources otherwise, it would appear that hes merely trolling. Otherwise I'll call bull****andlice.
Sounds like a troll from the statements and questions being asked. Their zipcode is on Maui, plus they haven't been around very long...

I think the more accurate story of homeless in Hawaii is easily seen if you actually visit or live there. We visited Hawaii several times. The homeless can be seen walking around the park in Hilo collecting soda cans for pocket change and eating out of garbage cans. They also look like they've been wearing the same clothes for months and haven't showered for a long time. I've seen the homeless many times while visiting the Big Island around Hilo, I didn't notice the homeless around Kona. I've seen the homeless wandering around on Maui and Kauai too. I'm sure the same situation can be seen in many other areas of the state.

Old 06-04-2017, 11:39 AM

48,581 posts, read 35,016,111 times
Almost everything you posted is wrong.

You need to get new sources, or increase your critical thinking abilities.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-04-2017, 01:49 PM

85 posts, read 99,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
I didn't notice the homeless around Kona.
They are there my friend. Ali'i drive from the Royal Kona hotel down to the pier and beyond. It's where the best panhandling is to be found.
Lots of time you'll see a few sitting at the edge of the seawall by the old palace bumming for pakalolo and picking up half burned cigarettes. These are the type that I have no room in my heart for.
Plus, old-A has become a tent-town for them. Which wouldn't be all that bad except for the criminal element homeless that seem to inundate the island.

Old 06-05-2017, 01:20 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,566,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
Sounds like a troll from the statements and questions being asked. Their zipcode is on Maui, plus they haven't been around very long...

Yeah, either a troll or a few screws loose. According to him, he sees thousands of rentals over the past month that disallow children. I actually doubt there are even thousands of rentals available across all the islands. You'd be hard pressed to find even one that states it doesn't allow kids.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/big-i...-friendly.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: