Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 08:26 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,901,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstovall1019 View Post
If I was an English major/teacher I wouldn't be asking about air cond work
All the more reason I'd in my opinion move to a great school system for your kids. They should be doing homework after school anyway not going to the beach when you come home from work.

Florida has plenty of beaches with many districts known for very high quality schools. They also need AC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 08:32 PM

31 posts, read 27,966 times
I see you don't have any kids and obviously don't read thoroughly what I have written. I also see you have over 8000+ post averaging 3+ a day which tells me you have no life outside of being on here voicing your opinions in matters which you obviously have no experience in. I'd appreciate it if you just keep your comments to yourself from this point forward please. I get what your saying about education but there's more to life than what you have to speak about.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:40 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,557,504 times
In recession, the "ac guy" suffers along with all other blue collar workers, as people defer maintenance and installations because of economic climate. Blue collar guys typically work (and should save) as much money as possible because when the economy turns, they go hungry. When it comes time for layoffs, it's typically the new guy that gets the pink slip.

Honestly the way you're talking with "leisure time" and "quality of schools" would be the attitude of someone making 150k/year and sending their kids to private schools, not a single parent doing 45k.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I appreciate any and all feedback/info positive and negative. I expect reality.
No problem. I did read that part though.

Good luck. I'm sure someone will tell you what a magnificent idea you have.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I see you don't have any kids and obviously don't read thoroughly what I have written. I also see you have over 8000+ post averaging 3+ a day which tells me you have no life outside of being on here voicing your opinions in matters which you obviously have no experience in. I'd appreciate it if you just keep your comments to yourself from this point forward please. I get what your saying about education but there's more to life than what you have to speak about.
" I appreciate any and all feedback/info positive and negative. I expect reality."

didn't you just say this? he's telling you what reality is. lol

Old 07-04-2017, 08:45 PM

So when I said that here I'm out of work for about 3 months in the winter that doesn't say I save for that time? Tourist still require ac however I do understand what your saying as far as that part goes but i see nothing that indicates living like someone making 150k and sending my kids to private schools. My kids do attend a "Charter" school here but it's free just like public school they just have to be accepted which obviously they were.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:48 PM

There's a difference in informing me of the negative and reading what you want to read. The idea of me wanting to have a life after work for myself was no where in anything I said yet you got that out of it somehow just like saying I seem like I am living on 150k yr sending my kids to private school which none of which was ever said so forgive me for correcting y'all since you obviously misunderstood what I wrote

Old 07-04-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
I'd pick there and be able to say I showed my kids other parts and cultures of the world besides Texas and Florida. It's not just the beaches that draw us in it's the whole package.
What do you mean by "the whole package"? Will you not bea ble to say you "showed your kids other parts and cultures of the world besides texas and florida" without moving there? Can you not do this on vacation? And if you cannot afford vacations, then how do you think you'll afford moving to other locations, especially one that's more remote like Hawaii?

------------------------------

assuming you want good schools, you're looking at private schools. tuition probably in the 20k range. 2 kids, costs adds up. You're probably looking for a 2br condo/house/townhouse, ideally might be 3 since your kids getting older. Instead of a second job to make ends meet, you're looking for leisure evenings and weekends off plus being able to afford whatever other food, medical, and other costs come your way, all quite high in hawaii. Plus save for retirement and possibly college? So yeah, ideally 150k.

But, it seems like what you're looking for is confirmation that your idea is a great one, and not willing to hear the opposite. So I wish you the best of luck with your move.

Last edited by rya96797; 07-04-2017 at 09:05 PM..

Old 07-04-2017, 09:10 PM

I haven't asked about private schools. If I was just wanting to hear what a great idea I have then I would've left over 5 yrs ago when I posted a similar post in which you two commented on also with basically the same negative mentality. If I had to get approval for the things I do in life I would've never made it this far! I don't have to be rich and educated to want to spend quality time with my kids before I die! Aside from what you two have said most of what I have seen, read and heard tells me I can live the same life there as I do here BUT when we come home from school and work THATS where the differences come in as far as quality time with my kids come in. I was offered more for work there and honestly cost of living doesn't change that much vs what we have here. Same bills just a different place. I don't mind giving up some of the luxuries we have here and downsizing so to speak if we're happier. So we won't eat out every day and night and won't have cable TV or spend 150+ on fuel a week. There's alot we could do without. It's more about mindset than material things. There's probably 200 Xbox games sitting here that the kids don't even touch because they prefer outside.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:48 PM

Quote:
There's probably 200 Xbox games sitting here that the kids don't even touch because they prefer outside.
Nobody realized at Xbox game 10 that they weren't into it? Then bought 190 more?

200? What is that $4,000?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: