Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 01:37 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,894,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaniguy View Post
D'oh there you go Whit! that friggen auto correct. Makin' me look stoopid.
I gave you credit under edit for pointing out my math error.

I'll suck up mistakes

Old 07-28-2017, 08:56 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
my advice, Hawaii was already a victim of a sneak attack once, take the offensive and strike out at the despot first and blame it on Japan...two birds, one stone.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:58 AM

330 posts, read 177,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Minor point - they don't have one.

Anyway, all this fuss about a country that hasn't tested a nuclear bomb stronger than the US dropped in Japan 72 years ago. Let alone get it on a missile and get it somewhere without GPS technology.
With all due respect, I don't think you know what he has or hasn't or will have or will not have in the near future.

As I type this, news that Porkchop just launched another missile, is coming in over the transom.

If you follow the exploits of WVB in the 1940s, you'll note a lot of failed launches, in-flight failures until, bammo, one day they got it right, and V2s started raining down without so much as a whisper of advance notice, on the people of a little English hamlet that goes by the name "London".

Old 07-28-2017, 02:22 PM

Location: Southernmost tip of the southernmost island in the southernmost state
982 posts, read 1,161,875 times
This is easy to fix.
Hawai'I brings Dennis Rodman to the islands. Certainly pork chop won't nuke his bestie.

Problem solved, you're all welcome

Old 07-28-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassyknoll View Post
This is easy to fix.
Hawai'I brings Dennis Rodman to the islands. Certainly pork chop won't nuke his bestie.

Problem solved, you're all welcome
Your "cure" is worse than the "disease".

Old 07-28-2017, 03:59 PM

Location: Southernmost tip of the southernmost island in the southernmost state
982 posts, read 1,161,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 2 4 View Post
Your "cure" is worse than the "disease".
Nah, he'd be right at home in Puna......

Old 07-28-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassyknoll View Post
Nah, he'd be right at home in Puna......
Next to a Meth Lab, perhaps!!

Old 07-28-2017, 05:26 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,107,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 2 4 View Post

It probably won't happen, and Hawaii is not a prime target, but it doesn't hurt to have a little "preparedness" under your belt.
A zombie apocalypse or a 1,000-foot high tsunami will probably not happen and we're (i.e. the general public) not wasting time preparing for either event. Why is this any different?

If NK even managed to launch a missile and land/detonate anywhere within 1,000 miles of Honolulu, it would be, by far, the greatest most spectacular failure by the US military in all modern history. I would like to think people would have more faith in the servicemen and servicewomen that spend their entire careers protecting us.

We (again, "we" as in the general public - I am not talking about the DoD) shouldn't be preparing for anything that instills completely irrational and unnecessary fear in residents and visitors of our state. Our state relies heavily on tourism dollars that ultimately affords the vast majority of the "quality of life" elements that exist here. This "general public preparedness" can only hurt our tourism industry - there is absolutely no possible benefit to our state. It is 100% unadulterated downside for us.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj737 View Post
A zombie apocalypse or a 1,000-foot high tsunami will probably not happen and we're (i.e. the general public) not wasting time preparing for either event. Why is this any different?

If NK even managed to launch a missile and land/detonate anywhere within 1,000 miles of Honolulu, it would be, by far, the greatest most spectacular failure by the US military in all modern history. I would like to think people would have more faith in the servicemen and servicewomen that spend their entire careers protecting us.

We (again, "we" as in the general public - I am not talking about the DoD) shouldn't be preparing for anything that instills completely irrational and unnecessary fear in residents and visitors of our state. Our state relies heavily on tourism dollars that ultimately affords the vast majority of the "quality of life" elements that exist here. This "general public preparedness" can only hurt our tourism industry - there is absolutely no possible benefit to our state. It is 100% unadulterated downside for us.
Opinion noted.

My money is on the Zombies!!!! It's just that time of the season!

Keep on Rolling, Brah

Old 07-28-2017, 07:38 PM

11,049 posts, read 24,014,485 times
I know some folks who moved here from California to get away from what they said was zombies in L.A. I guess that's how they prepare for zombie attacks. Maybe we should all move to Montana, probably no nukes in Montana?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: