Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 01:17 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,361 times

Advertisements

We will be in Waikiki for a week and I am wondering if someone can help me with how to plan my trip.
some of my friends suggested submarine and helicopter rides. we are a family of 4. Its getting too expensive to book these tickets. we are planning on going around the island but I am totally lost about what I could do without spending at least $150 per person on an attraction (like a copter ride).

will someone suggest? please...thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 01:34 PM

330 posts, read 177,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
We will be in Waikiki for a week and I am wondering if someone can help me with how to plan my trip.
some of my friends suggested submarine and helicopter rides. we are a family of 4. Its getting too expensive to book these tickets. we are planning on going around the island but I am totally lost about what I could do without spending at least $150 per person on an attraction (like a copter ride).

will someone suggest? please...thank you.
Hanauma Bay, Makapuu, Diamond Head, Nat'l Cemetary, Pearl Harbor (USS AZ.)

Old 08-08-2017, 01:36 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
Have you looked at sites like Fodors Travel Guide – Plan Your Trip Online or www.tripadvisor.com

There are so many sites that suggest things to do......

Old 08-08-2017, 04:43 PM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Would really help to know what kind of things you like to do. There is all kinds of hiking, beach activities like surfing, kayaking, snorkeling.

Keep an eye on Groupon for deals.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-08-2017, 10:16 PM

1 posts, read 902 times
Honolulu is a hiker's paradise and one of its best trails for scenic sightseeing is the one ascending Diamond Head, Waikiki's emblematic dormant volcano.
The Koolau is a very unusual mountain range! The remaining half of this former volcano provides spectacular views, best seen from the Nuuanu Pali State Wayside look out.
https://photoeditor360.com/

Old 08-08-2017, 11:13 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,031,211 times
Bishop Museum, too. Or just wander up and down Waikiki beach. It's a fun spot for people watching. If you didn't want to take a tour bus, there's the aquarium near one end of Waikiki beach and the entry fee isn't very much. There's the zoo, too. Again, just a small entry fee. At the other end of the beach is a military museum which was free last time I looked. Air conditioned as well.

Pop into an ABC store and get some blow up rafts and some squirt guns and play pirates in the ocean? We used to do 'rafting trips' where we'd get a couple dozen of those rafts and get everyone we knew 'rafting' along Waikiki beach. A bit chain of them and then someone would push someone off their raft and then it would go on from there until everyone was in the water. It was a hoot, but I guess we may be easily amused.

Old 08-09-2017, 12:35 AM

1,892 posts, read 2,533,643 times
This is 2017 and you just ask a general question like that without giving much information about your interests. You'll get all different kinds of answers. Like another poster said, Tripadvisor is a great source for information about things you might want to do while here. You can evaluate what you read and decide for yourself if it's something you want to do. The only things I think are a can't miss attraction here are the Arizona Memorial due to its historical significance and the Bishop Museum, since I don't know of any other museum with such an extensive collection of artifacts from the Pacific Islands.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:37 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
You don't say how old your children are but Bellows is a great, gentle beach for kids who are intimidated by the big waves.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:51 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Would really help to know what kind of things you like to do. There is all kinds of hiking, beach activities like surfing, kayaking, snorkeling.

Keep an eye on Groupon for deals.
I have 2 small kids Mikala. 2 year and 5 year old. We tried snorkelling before and we loved it. Perhaps the 2 year old will not but the rest of us will.

Hiking, I am not planning on doing it. literally after walking for 2 mins, my kids will want me to pick them up.
Can i go snorkelling near Halona blow hole? I wanted to see geysers.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:06 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
Some of the below require money - some are outright free

https://www.hawaii.com/oahu/things-t...-kids-on-oahu/

https://www.trekaroo.com/places/hono...aii/activities

You are only there a week so no need to cram everything in - pick a few and also relax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: