Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 07:29 PM

1,585 posts, read 2,112,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 2 4 View Post
None of my bags ever go into the ocean, they go into the trash.
Quote:
If everyone was like me, there would be no problem
You can be responsible and throw them into trash cans and there is still a possibility that they will make them into the oceans.

Bags can blow out of trash cans (public or private). When refuse collection trucks comes by to pick up trash, bags can blow into the street and make it into our storm drains and... our ocean. This is even more common with automated systems. Bags can blow out of refuse trucks as waste is being transported from the receptacles to storage sites or landfills. Bags can even blow away from landfill sites and make them to our ocean.

Being responsible does not ensure the plastic you dispose of does not make it into our natural environment. The best way to reduce plastic in our oceans is to reduce plastic use in society.

Of course your defense to the above rationale is that you want your guns. Don't worry... we haven't taken those (yet).

Old 08-14-2017, 08:28 PM

48,557 posts, read 34,927,283 times
Quote:
Yet!
Dun, dun, dun.......

We are behind the curve on banning plastic bags, why would this even bug you? I'll lose my poop bags, but such is life.

Out of all the horrible issues in the world... this is what bugs you?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-14-2017, 08:47 PM

330 posts, read 177,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj737 View Post
You can be responsible and throw them into trash cans and there is still a possibility that they will make them into the oceans.

Bags can blow out of trash cans (public or private). When refuse collection trucks comes by to pick up trash, bags can blow into the street and make it into our storm drains and... our ocean. This is even more common with automated systems. Bags can blow out of refuse trucks as waste is being transported from the receptacles to storage sites or landfills. Bags can even blow away from landfill sites and make them to our ocean.

Being responsible does not ensure the plastic you dispose of does not make it into our natural environment. The best way to reduce plastic in our oceans is to reduce plastic use in society.

Of course your defense to the above rationale is that you want your guns. Don't worry... we haven't taken those (yet).

And you won't, either!!

And after bags are banned, what will be the next notch in the do-gooder, control-freaks stock?

Old 08-14-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Dun, dun, dun.......

We are behind the curve on banning plastic bags, why would this even bug you? I'll lose my poop bags, but such is life.

Out of all the horrible issues in the world... this is what bugs you?
It is the trend of constantly giving up things to the control freaks. Today bags, tomorrow this, and the next day, that until one day freedom is just a distant memory eroded one "bag" at a time.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:40 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,841,688 times
Quote:
It is the trend of constantly giving up things to the control freaks. Today bags, tomorrow this, and the next day, that until one day freedom is just a distant memory eroded one "bag" at a time.
Apparently we will still have Drama Queens.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Apparently we will still have Drama Queens.
That would be Drama KING to you, bub.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:36 AM

48,557 posts, read 34,927,283 times
Bye bye to bags and this thread.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: