Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2021, 09:06 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,932,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldKona View Post
So a thread about nothing?
Seems a bit insensitive to all the State employees who have potentially been stressing out about this for nearly a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2021, 09:46 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,318,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Seems a bit insensitive to all the State employees who have potentially been stressing out about this for nearly a year.
I don’t think anyone is really feeling for these state workers who don’t want to be back in the classroom with students. I sure don’t feel bad about the horrible stress they had to endure worrying whether or not they get furloughed. Least they been getting a full check. That’s the nice thing about being a public employee vs a private one. You get paid regardless. These unions insist teachers are to stay home for fear of Covid adding that both students and adults must be vaccinated before returning to the classroom, yet these same teachers have no problem going into a packed Walmart. What a scam. These teacher unions are a scam. There are states where students have been fully back in school and teachers are not getting Covid. With the limited in person teaching in the classrooms in Hawaii for students falling behind, has there been a single case of a teacher getting Covid? There has been none. Kids are not getting sick from Covid and kids are not spreading Covid to teachers. The data and facts are not supporting this, yet the HSTA is still pushing for no in person learning. Teachers and their unions just don’t want them to be back in the classroom with students. Who suffers? The students do, not the teachers or the HSTA. Even two minority mayors in two major cities have come out and stated “enough is enough.”

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 02-05-2021 at 10:28 AM..

Old 02-05-2021, 10:04 AM

344 posts, read 251,917 times
Grabs some popcorn to watch.

Old 02-05-2021, 10:33 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,841,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
I don’t think anyone is really feeling for these state workers who don’t want to be back in the classroom with students. I sure don’t feel bad about the horrible stress they had to endure worrying whether or not they get furloughed. Least they been getting a full check. That’s the nice thing about being a public employee vs a private one. You get paid regardless. These unions insist teachers are to stay home for fear of Covid
Good news about the threat of furloughs being rescinded!

Currently, all teachers report to their school sites daily for online teaching and many have students, in-class, in limited numbers.

Fortunately vaccines are on the way and school is expected to return to normal after that.

Why not take your concerns to the Politics and Other Controversies forum? There you will find many people willing to debate your theories and opinions, and won't result in the closing of any more threads on the Hawaii sub-forums.

Old 02-05-2021, 10:48 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,318,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Good news about the threat of furloughs being rescinded!

Currently, all teachers report to their school sites daily for online teaching and many have students, in-class, in limited numbers.

Fortunately vaccines are on the way and school is expected to return to normal after that.

Why not take your concerns to the Politics and Other Controversies forum? There you will find many people willing to debate your theories and opinions, and won't result in the closing of any more threads on the Hawaii sub-forums.
Teachers are reporting to school without students. Does the science back this up? No it doesn’t. There is no reason here in Hawaii that students shouldn’t be back in the classroom.

There is no vaccine required for children and teachers are not contracting covid from children regardless. There is no data that backs up schools are spreaders of Covid.

So can you defend why students are not back in school in Hawaii? When does the HSTA plan on allowing teachers back in the classroom with students?

Not sure if anything has changed since, but last I have known, students are only in class once a week and these are students who are falling behind.

Anyway, she was just offered a position outside of Augusta Georgia yesterday.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 02-05-2021 at 11:24 AM..

Old 02-05-2021, 01:32 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,069,816 times
Quote:
Really? A knuckle dragging, hairy, wannabe elitist snob wants to call all inclusive me insensitive?!
LOL. Seriously though, have you ever been employed by a governmental entity? Well I have off and on since high school and most of this "furlough" talk is just PR to the taxpayers. Geez, you will be waiting 4 months to get a DMV appt. or the garbage won't be picked up, blah, blah, blah. And not that these things have not happened but it is seldom and usually temporary. I'm crying just a little bit now. A sensitive person would offer a **** poor apology now.

Old 02-05-2021, 02:16 PM

Quote:
most of this "furlough" talk is just PR to the taxpayers.
Ah - so the furloughs from 2009 to 2011 were just PR? Fake news?

Old 02-05-2021, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Ah - so the furloughs from 2009 to 2011 were just PR? Fake news?
Mostly. They just eliminate positions that were never filled, smooth over pay cuts, etc.

Old 02-05-2021, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Mostly. They just eliminate positions that were never filled, smooth over pay cuts, etc.
I think the people who took 13.8% pay cuts for 2 years would disagree it was "mostly" PR

Old 02-05-2021, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I think the people who took 13.8% pay cuts for 2 years would disagree it was "mostly" PR
In exchange for? First off I wonder how many this actually affected and second, usually this is negotiated for perks in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii