Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2020, 02:39 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldKona View Post
Did you read this? "they let her through and gave her the test at the airport and all was good. " But could have landed at Honolulu, New Mexixo.
It doesn't matter what I read. The pre-travel program when coming from the Mainland requires the test to happen on the Mainland to avoid quarantine. The Big Island was doing an additional test on arrival, but that would be a moot point if you didn't get the test on the mainland as part of the pre-travel program.

Old 11-02-2020, 02:41 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,066,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
It doesn't matter what I read. The pre-travel program when coming from the Mainland requires the test to happen on the Mainland to avoid quarantine. The Big Island was doing an additional test on arrival, but that would be a moot point if you didn't get the test on the mainland as part of the pre-travel program.
So are you are saying this did not happen?

Old 11-02-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
So are you are saying this did not happen?
I wasn't there.

https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/getting-to-hawaii/

If you arrive in Hawai‘i without valid proof of a negative COVID-19 NAAT, you will be subject to the State of Hawai‘i’s strict 14-day mandatory self-quarantine requirement and will need to adhere to the following guidelines:

Under self-quarantine, you will not be allowed to leave the room at your place of lodging under any circumstances, except for a medical emergency or to depart the state.

If you are planning on staying in a short-term rental or vacation rental, be aware that individuals subject to Hawai‘i’s 14-day mandatory self-quarantine are not allowed to stay in short-term rentals and vacation rentals on Kaua‘i, Maui and the island of Hawai‘i.

Individuals subject to Hawai‘i’s 14-day mandatory self-quarantine are not allowed to stay in short-term rentals and vacation rentals.

Travelers are not allowed to rent a car in Hawai‘i for the duration of their self-quarantine.

Travelers who violate the terms of the 14-day mandatory self-quarantine will be prosecuted and may face fines of up to $5,000 and one year in prison.

Old 11-02-2020, 03:06 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,066,214 times
Quote:
I wasn't there.

https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/getting-to-hawaii/

If you arrive in Hawai‘i without valid proof of a negative COVID-19 NAAT, you will be subject to the State of Hawai‘i’s strict 14-day mandatory self-quarantine requirement and will need to adhere to the following guidelines:

Travelers are not allowed to rent a car in Hawai‘i for the duration of their self-quarantine.
Hmmm. I guess the difference is in the implementation. I guess some people can get tested on site in Honolulu and you can rent a car if you tell them you are not subject to quarantine. We're doomed!

Old 11-02-2020, 03:21 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Quote:
Hmmm. I guess the difference is in the implementation. I guess some people can get tested on site in Honolulu and you can rent a car if you tell them you are not subject to quarantine. We're doomed!
That's the thing. A lot of this is even less enforceable before there was the testing exception. The fewer tourists there were, the easier it was to manage people breaking the rules. But now we are really on the honor system.

Old 11-02-2020, 04:47 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,109,209 times
There are a few locations in Hawaii Kai to get a Covid test.... that could shave off a chunk of my two weeks quarantine. The problem is, it's against the law to leave home to go there and get the test. LOL, I think...

Old 11-02-2020, 08:36 PM

Alan Wong’s just closed permanently.

Old 11-02-2020, 09:11 PM

10,552 posts, read 7,747,342 times
I arrived on Wednesday of last week and am quarantined on my property.
Today’s article in Civil Beat accurately conveys the airport screening process at
HNL. With QR code and photo ID only items required you would think
lines would move rapidly. Naturally, the opposite is true. Most people apparently
don’t know what’s going on, are ill prepared, and need help proceeding past “GO”.

Old 11-02-2020, 10:56 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,557,504 times
Quote:
Alan Wong’s just closed permanently.
And another bites the dust.

If you look at the pace of the recovery, it's obvious it's going to take years to pull out to a level where restaurants are profitable, especially with the way lawmakers are running the state. "Covid busy" at 50% capacity equals huge losses. Anyone with half a brain would get out now if they can. The lucky ones are the ones whose leases are up and they can walk away with smaller losses.

Was talking with an acquaintance realtor recently. He said the sheer amount of commercial property vacancies and properties up for sale through honolulu is frightening. It's weird how people think we can snap our fingers and get as many tourists as we want, whenever we want. In reality, any economic recovery and tourism recovery is going to be years in the making and our government's actions are counter productive. If you look at the current level of tourists, are you telling me we couldn't have maintained this level earlier in the year so more businesses and residents can stay afloat? Does the complete shutdown and fear mongering make sense?

Last edited by rya96797; 11-02-2020 at 11:05 PM..

Old 11-03-2020, 04:17 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,109,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Today’s article in Civil Beat accurately conveys the airport screening process at
HNL.

Link to article: https://www.civilbeat.org/2020/11/gl...ravel-program/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii