Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2020, 06:11 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,109,209 times

Advertisements

Welp, my last 'approved NAAT' Walgreen's has no openings for their NAAT testing in NJ. I'm sunk.

I'm gambling on an airport screener having a nicer day and accepting my ExpresCheck document. even if a few days later when they have time to review it.

ExpresCheck is the only testing facility in JFK or EWR or Boston's Logan airport right now, AFAICT.

I did call Exprescheck and pointed out they're not approved by Hawaii testing protocols and he said "DontWorryBowtit!" in a cool Sopranos/Joisey accent. Doesn't look too good.

I'll ask around about other facilities at Newark/EWR tomorrow though.

Note to any travelers from NYC: Right now [11/4/20] [8:03:00:00 AM EST] the nearest Walgreen's [NAAT] test is a good hour's drive, [Brooklyn or Huntington's Station] depending on traffic.

Old 11-04-2020, 09:25 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post

Note to any travelers from NYC: Right now [11/4/20] [8:03:00:00 AM EST] the nearest Walgreen's [NAAT] test is a good hour's drive, [Brooklyn or Huntington's Station] depending on traffic.
On the Quest Diagnostics website, had no problems finding multiple appointments available today in Neptune, NJ - and while 35 miles from Newark, still better peace of mind.

Old 11-04-2020, 04:23 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Not to bring national politics into the discussion, but I wager that the calculus for how Hawaii moves forward with lockdowns just changed. With Republicans almost certainly keeping the Senate, I say that the idea of state bailouts is DOA.

Old 11-04-2020, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Not to bring national politics into the discussion, but I wager that the calculus for how Hawaii moves forward with lockdowns just changed. With Republicans almost certainly keeping the Senate, I say that the idea of state bailouts is DOA.
Direct State Aid, huge tax increases, and packing the Supreme Court are all off the table.

I see a stimulus coming but lower your expectations

Old 11-07-2020, 08:14 AM

I got in very late in Hawaii Kai last night, after a state "official" at HNL arbitrarily rejected my Xprescheck [clearly] negative results. 14 day quarantine. drat drat drat

It's not the end of the world I guess, but I'll make a few calls/ emails for an appeal.

Anyway, I just now slept a few hours, woke, turned TV on and there's an old Lassie episode where the farm cows had contracted a deadly virus.

A federal deputy and a mean neighbor showed up at Timmy's door with a shotgun. Swear to god, that's the very first thing I saw on the screen this morning.

Lassie chased them away.

I'm locking my door and getting a dog.

Old 11-09-2020, 10:29 AM

I'm hell-bent to get [another] Covid test and get cleared and the hell out of this apartment.

Current hawaii/health.govs unending barrage of catch-22s include:

1. You must DRIVE to a ["approved partner"] Walgreens for the Covid test, [self-administered nasal swab] but if you're presently [unfairly] quarantined you're breaking the law to leave your home and drive there? Cute!

2. "Approved Partner" CVS/Longs DOES have Covid testing available but not the required NAAT type of test. Really Cute.

I spoke to my doctor's [Straub] front desk last Saturday, pleading with them to perform the f'ing test, we'll see how that goes..

Last edited by Tantalust; 11-09-2020 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: I forget.

Old 11-09-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I'm hell-bent to get [another] Covid test and get cleared and the hell out of this apartment.

Current hawaii/health.govs unending barrage of catch-22s include:

1. You must DRIVE to a ["approved partner"] Walgreens for the Covid test, [self-administered nasal swab] but if you're presently [unfairly] quarantined you're breaking the law to leave your home and drive there? Cute!

2. "Approved Partner" CVS/Longs DOES have Covid testing available but not the required NAAT type of test. Really Cute.

I spoke to my doctor's [Straub] front desk last Saturday, pleading with them to perform the f'ing test, we'll see how that goes..
If you came from the mainland, any Hawaii test is moot except peace of mind.

You needed to take the test on the mainland. They've been clear about that.

I have a neighbor who actually took a CVS test on the mainland - and they essentially can't find the test. Wife and kids tests came back negative. He spent 2 hours at the airport trying to reach CVS or see if the test came - he waited as he was told specifically, once you leave the airport, all the rules change. Even if you get the negative test, the backlog is approximately 4 days to process and clear you as it then becomes a manual process.

Here is another State screwup in my opinion. The State offers a 2nd test to Oahu returning residents - a certain percentage. When I landed, they said nothing about 2nd test (although I was interested). I then got an email Friday evening - saying I was eligible for a second free test which could only be Saturday, and it listed a bunch of places to test. Then I kept reading - the test is only for a study - they collect no personal information. If you test positive on the State 2nd test, they don't tell you that you are positive, you are only part of a study How stupid is that!

Old 11-09-2020, 11:04 AM

I appreciate your contributions here, Vipey.

Old 11-09-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
I appreciate your contributions here, Vipey.
I'll add to say - that they won't let residents test on arrival is also monumentally stupid - just passing on it is currently an exercise in frustration.

The lab at HNL airport is supposedly ready to start soon if you couldn't get test on mainland -

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/1...olulu-airport/

Old 11-09-2020, 12:08 PM

From the article: "The lab is currently not a trusted testing partner"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii