Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2020, 11:37 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,827,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Let’s not kid ourselves. There will be no pre pandemic tourism for years.

There is speculation/evidence that domestic travel will supplant foreign travel for many years. Hawaii is likely to benefit from this situation.

From the following article: How Hawaii travel will directly benefit. At least until we are much further along, US domestic travel is set to largely replace foreign travel. After all, your health insurance works here, and you can simply better control everything while in the U.S. Hawaii also uniquely brings many of the exotic aspects of international travel home to a safer domestic paradigm.

This should help Hawaii's economic recovery.

https://beatofhawaii.com/hawaii-trav...ine-and-beyond

Old 11-10-2020, 08:41 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,109,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
If you came from the mainland, any Hawaii test is moot except peace of mind. You needed to take the test on the mainland. They've been clear about that.

If someone like me gets tested today on Oahu by "trusted testing travel partner" CLIO-certified "Clinical Labs of Hawaii" and uploads his NAAT negative results .pdf file to their Hawaii/Health dot Gov site,

I would think Hawaii/Health dot Gov would be compelled/obliged to release the traveler from quarantine.

The testing will probably never get scheduled today [and tomorrow is a holiday] and I probably won't get scheduled till the day before my Q. release, so the hell with it I'm thinking now.

Maybe not worth risking the jail time for going there, even with a doctors lab order.

Old 11-10-2020, 09:07 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post

I would think Hawaii/Health dot Gov would be compelled/obliged to release the traveler from quarantine.
Didn't they require you to sign the Order for Self Quarantine document and that under penalty of law you understood the order? There is no provision in that document to take a test once you arrive to compel the State to release you from quarantine.

Old 11-12-2020, 10:16 AM

Why are healthy quarantine detainees like me apparently forbidden to retest?

Any "approved" facility's tech/nurse could easily bring a forehead temperature scanner and nasal swab to my apartment and I'd be paroled within minutes.

I emailed them about going out for a few hours to be retested and their response was :
"Aloha, This email account is not authorized to grant an exemption based on the situation you describe. Mahalo"

No "authorized" email address [or phone number] was indicated in their reply.

I'm just complaining I know, but I do have two vehicles that have expired registrations. I'll be doing some nice bike-riding down to the DMV on Monday the 23rd.

Old 11-12-2020, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Why are healthy quarantine detainees like me apparently forbidden to retest?

Any "approved" facility's tech/nurse could easily bring a forehead temperature scanner and nasal swab to my apartment and I'd be paroled within minutes.

I emailed them about going out for a few hours to be retested and their response was :
"Aloha, This email account is not authorized to grant an exemption based on the situation you describe. Mahalo"

I'm happy to tell you theory - and everyone can decide on their own if that should be a concern

The theory is - if you let everyone come to Hawaii without a negative test - and allow them to test upon arrival, it will overwhelm the testing capabilities.

My opinion - if that is a valid theory - you increase your testing capabilities. We are 8 months into this.

As of today, Alaska has done 844,000 tests versus Hawaii at 574,000. Alaska has about 50% of the population of Hawaii with most of the State far more remote than Hawaii - and anyone who has been to Anchorage knows it pales in comparison as a city to Honolulu.

How does Alaska pull it off as a state of mostly villages - but Hawaii cannot not. Certainly we get more shipping - more flights - etc.

Old 11-12-2020, 06:08 PM

10,552 posts, read 7,750,499 times
Quote:
I'm just complaining I know, but I do have two vehicles that have expired registrations. I'll be doing some nice bike-riding down to the DMV on Monday the 23rd.
In case you weren’t aware, it may be necessary to schedule that trip in advance. I’ve heard that Hilo DMV
is requiring that now, no walk ins.

Harry Kim has said Hawaii county will be dropping mandatory second test upon arrival because it’s turning up
practically no positives. He said they will be testing about 1/4 of passengers arriving at KOA.
No mention of Hilo, maybe no second testing at all?
BTW, Hilo airport was a welcome breeze compared to HNL, where glacial lines and confusion reigned.

Old 11-13-2020, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
In case you weren’t aware, it may be necessary to schedule that trip in advance.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll check on that before I venture down there.

Look for the old haole on his bike with the banana-face, that'll be me.

Old 11-15-2020, 09:19 PM

Quote:
From the article: "The lab is currently not a trusted testing partner"
The mobile lab is now a trusted partner - only for interisland flights

Old 11-18-2020, 08:42 PM

Quote:

I did call Exprescheck and pointed out they're not approved by Hawaii testing protocols and he said "DontWorryBowtit!" in a cool Sopranos/Joisey accent. Doesn't look too good.
Sure enough, today Xprescheck announces they now ARE a Trusted© Testing Partner™.

Should Hawaii start lifting restrictions for certain islands?-xprescheck.jpg

Old 11-19-2020, 09:30 AM

"NEW YORK, Nov. 13, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- XpresSpa Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: XSPA) (“XpresSpa” or the “Company”), a health and wellness company, today announced that XpresCheck has been named a State of Hawaii Trusted Testing Partner."

I've been sailing around the Net for months pointing out [screaming] that Xpresscheck seems to have every imaginable medical certification and credential imaginable, now A WEEK AGO it looks like Hawaii.gov finally got the message. Grrrrrrrrrr...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii