Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2021, 03:30 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,065,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
That might be the case in S. California - but doesn't relate to Hawaii.
I don't think just SoCal. The news is talking about hospital tents in many areas of the country. I think Hawaii lucked out by literally stopping movement of some 10,000 people a day in and out of the state. It seems that people on the mainland are traveling interstate will limited control. I'm sure you can find sources that will confirm either thought. Either way if you have 100 people in a hospital with covid and 99 recover they are still using resources that are limited.

Old 01-21-2021, 04:03 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,894,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldKona View Post
I don't think just SoCal. The news is talking about hospital tents in many areas of the country.
The only places having real issues are the states that have had the most restrictions. I look at Nevada, only 1,200 cases today mostly open. California is a mess, mostly locked down from the start.

The article below points out - restrictions only work if people follow restrictions - we know in 2020-21 most do not. Chicago is working on a plan to get bars/restaurants back open - Covid likely spread due to eliminating restaurant dining in CA

https://www.sfgate.com/coronavirus/a...e-15882565.php

Old 01-21-2021, 05:09 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,065,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
The only places having real issues are the states that have had the most restrictions. I look at Nevada, only 1,200 cases today mostly open. California is a mess, mostly locked down from the start.

The article below points out - restrictions only work if people follow restrictions - we know in 2020-21 most do not. Chicago is working on a plan to get bars/restaurants back open - Covid likely spread due to eliminating restaurant dining in CA

https://www.sfgate.com/coronavirus/a...e-15882565.php
But Nevada population is only 3 million and look how spread out they are! And who goes to Nevada when things aren't in full swing. They are kind of like Hawaii except people could drive in.

And stopping indoor dining did not increase the spread it was the peoples actions in response to the closings.

I said it way back when and I got roasted for it but I'll say it again. If quarantine works then 2 week martial law. Give everyone a day or two to stock up for 2 weeks, no hoarding. No boat or plane in or out. Costco open 24 hours for 2 days then you will be shot on sight. Deputize building managers and put a price on everyones head. If you are managing the water, electricity, and sewage you are sleeping at work. Get all those politicians and govt. workers on paid leave and non violent prisoners in a pup tent on every corner to enforce.

Two fricking weeks of pain instead of months on end of slowly killing ourselves. Yep! Things will be much different when I'm King. ...I just gotta figger out that voting machine trick.

Old 01-21-2021, 05:29 PM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
... If you are in fear of a virus that appears to have a high survival rate of over 99%, fine, but everyone should not be subjected to your fear and lack of critical thought.
I’m not in fear of the virus because my health is excellent. However,
my concerns extend beyond my own personal well being.

If you’ve been reading much about COVID it should be obvious that it has created a public health crisis in many countries worldwide, not just from premature death. Hospitalized patients have been a huge burden on health care systems.
If you are mathematically competent, which at this point I’m doubting, you should have a vague idea what the respective death rates per age group could potentially translate into, given enough exposure, both nationally and worldwide, and then be able to actually make a calculation to get some real numbers.

Old 01-21-2021, 10:11 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,823,637 times
Quote:
What truth, that Covid has a survival rate of 99.9%? At least that is what the data is showing.

What data? Cite something specific. You said you rely on the CDC. I proved you wrong using the CDC website.

You fail to comprehend the article I posted. It is written plainly.

It was a retraction!

You’re obtuse, you have no clue in what you are talking about. You just regurgitate nonsense from left wing rags.
I regurgitate data from "left wing rags" like the CDC. Maybe you should try that!

It must be a seriously confusing world you live in.

Old 01-22-2021, 12:41 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,313,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I regurgitate data from "left wing rags" like the CDC. Maybe you should try that!

It must be a seriously confusing world you live in.
Here is the survival rate of Covid. No one disputes the survival rate of Covid is over 99.8% except you.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...scenarios.html

Yes, John Hopkins retracted the article. The article I posted doesn’t agree it should have been retracted.

This is one of the points I find interesting.

“As Briand compared the number of deaths per cause during that period in 2020 to 2018, she noticed that instead of the expected drastic increase across all causes, there was a significant decrease in deaths due to heart disease. Even more surprising, as seen in the graph below, this sudden decline in deaths is observed for all other causes.”

“The article claimed that “This trend is completely contrary to the pattern observed in all previous years.” In fact, “the total decrease in deaths by other causes almost exactly equals the increase in deaths by COVID-19.”

Okay, deaths went up in 2020, but was it all due to Covid? That will take years to figure out. Did suicides go up, did overdoses go up, did deaths increase due to failures and breaks in the health care system? What about people not receiving their healthcare treatments and care?

Old 01-22-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Here is the survival rate of Covid. No one disputes the survival rate of Covid is over 99.8% except you.

No one??? I'm reasonably sure this is NOT true.

Okay, deaths went up in 2020, but was it all due to Covid? That will take years to figure out. Did suicides go up, did overdoses go up, did deaths increase due to failures and breaks in the health care system? What about people not receiving their healthcare treatments and care?
The estimated 400,000 dead U.S. Covid-19 victims (so far) would likely disagree with you if they could, along with millions more worldwide.

I honestly don't understand your refusal to accept the obvious except for your blind obeisance to Trump.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-us-americans/

This report estimates a death rate of about 2% and approximately 405,000 dead.

Last edited by Futuremauian; 01-22-2021 at 09:54 AM..

Old 01-22-2021, 10:37 AM

5,535 posts, read 7,105,410 times
My likely unpopular opinion on here is that the dems never-ever would've taken this election without exploiting the Covid turmoil.

Old 01-22-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
My likely unpopular opinion on here is that the dems never-ever would've taken this election without exploiting the Covid turmoil.
I believe that if Covid-19 had not come along Trump probably would have won a second term because of the strong economy.

C'est La Vie!

Old 01-22-2021, 12:42 PM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
Quote:
Here is the survival rate of Covid. No one disputes the survival rate of Covid is over 99.8% except you...
No one says it’s that number for US except you.
For high income countries it’s 99 to 99.4%.
For low income countries with younger populations it’s around 99.8%.

You’re failing to recognize, or perhaps don’t care, that the very low lethality of COVID in younger people is greatly overshadowed by a high mortality rate with older individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii