Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2021, 01:28 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,831,112 times

Advertisements

In the U.S. about 25 million have been infected with Covid-19. Approximately 400,000 have died from it.

None of this addresses the effects Covid "long-termers" are having. Many survived with debilitating side effects.

Some of the videos are horrifying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRJ5_bMggWQ

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-shared.html

Old 01-22-2021, 04:21 PM

Kauai's economic situation has become more dire since they opted out of the State plan. Their rules are so complicated that virtually no one is willing to try to navigate the morass.

Less than 20 visitor arrivals a day now.

https://beatofhawaii.com/half-of-kau...-not-returning

Old 01-22-2021, 04:42 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,315,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
The estimated 400,000 dead U.S. Covid-19 victims (so far) would likely disagree with you if they could, along with millions more worldwide.

I honestly don't understand your refusal to accept the obvious except for your blind obeisance to Trump.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-us-americans/

This report estimates a death rate of about 2% and approximately 405,000 dead.
You have a strange obsession with Trump. It seems you can’t help mentioning him. Some would say you suffer from TDS.

What is this obvious I am not accepting, that there is 25 million confirmed covid cases? You don’t seem to accept that is only a confirmed number of cases, not a total number of cases. So the CDC is no longer a good source? That’s quite the leftist magic trick you pulled there. It’s kinda like Biden campaigning how Trump response wasn’t doing enough to fight covid, yet his covid plan mirrors Trump’s and now states “there is nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the virus.” You leftists are a mind trip. Your obeisance to Biden and the Pravda media is blind. We are in serious trouble and you don’t even see it. These next four years is going to be a disaster of epic proportions.

Old 01-22-2021, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I believe that if Covid-19 had not come along Trump probably would have won a second term because of the strong economy.

C'est La Vie!
If states didn’t unconstitutionally change their election laws Trump would have won a second term.

Old 01-22-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
My likely unpopular opinion on here is that the dems never-ever would've taken this election without exploiting the Covid turmoil.
The left most definitely used covid as a political ploy. As Rahm Emanuel once said “don’t let a good crisis go to waste.” That is that epitome of evil and that is why I despise and hate the left. No matter who gets hurt, win at all cost. Trump exposed this evil in DC. Establishment republicans are no better if not more evil. At least the left doesn’t hide it. Trump understood this and that is why they hate him so much. Sometimes I wish I didn’t know better and was ignorant of this. Once you see it you can’t unsee it.

Old 01-22-2021, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
No one says it’s that number for US except you.
For high income countries it’s 99 to 99.4%.
For low income countries with younger populations it’s around 99.8%.

You’re failing to recognize, or perhaps don’t care, that the very low lethality of COVID in younger people is greatly overshadowed by a high mortality rate with older individuals.
Yes, older people are at higher risk of about 94% survival rate. I’m not denying that. If I was over 70 and healthy I wouldn’t be overly concerned.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 01-22-2021 at 06:11 PM..

Old 01-22-2021, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
You have a strange obsession with Trump. It seems you can’t help mentioning him. Some would say you suffer from TDS.

Only you would say that.

What is this obvious I am not accepting, that there is 25 million confirmed covid cases? You don’t seem to accept that is only a confirmed number of cases, not a total number of cases.

Clearly you are confused. This doesn't even make sense. Are you drunk-posting?

So the CDC is no longer a good source?

You didn't hear that from me. I keep quoting them to prove you wrong.

That’s quite the leftist magic trick you pulled there. It’s kinda like Biden campaigning how Trump response wasn’t doing enough to fight covid, yet his covid plan mirrors Trump’s and now states “there is nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the virus.” You leftists are a mind trip. Your obeisance to Biden and the Pravda media is blind. We are in serious trouble and you don’t even see it. These next four years is going to be a disaster of epic proportions.
Pretty funny accusations to read since I am a registered Republican. (Moderate, and not a Trump fan.)

Last edited by Futuremauian; 01-22-2021 at 06:49 PM..

Old 01-22-2021, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Sometimes I wish I didn’t know better and was ignorant of this. Once you see it you can’t unsee it.
No worries at all on that count, LOL!

Old 01-22-2021, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Pretty funny accusations to read since I am a registered Republican. (Moderate, and not a Trump fan.)
I’m not a medical doctor, but TDS is easy to spot. He is renting space in your mind.

I’m not confused. Tens of millions more Americans have been infected with Covid than the 25 million that is confirmed.

Yes, you quote them, but yet do not accept their survival rate of 99.8%.

There are many Republican never Trumpers. Being a registered republican doesn’t absolve you of TDS. Look at the likes of Mitt Romney, Liz Cheney, and Mitch McConnell. None of these republicans are conservatives, they are establishment RINO’s.

Old 01-22-2021, 07:45 PM

Quote:
I’m not a medical doctor, but TDS is easy to spot. He is renting space in your mind.

I’m not confused. Tens of millions more Americans have been infected with Covid than the 25 million that is confirmed.

Yes, you quote them, but yet do not accept their survival rate of 99.8%.

There are many Republican never Trumpers. Being a registered republican doesn’t absolve you of TDS. Look at the likes of Mitt Romney, Liz Cheney, and Mitch McConnell. None of these republicans are conservatives, they are establishment RINO’s.
The true RINO is Trump. The Republican party has been shrinking for decades as demographics change. Trump brought with him redneck supporters just like earlier Republicans brought in the Religious Right.

Mainstream Republicans held their noses and "adopted" Trump even though they didn't like him or want him. Anything to avoid becoming irrelevant!

At the same time, Democrats have successfully courted the poor, minorities, and immigrants.

Both sides make grand promises they don't intend to keep.

Truly amazing how the party platforms have switched positions in the last century. Republicans have moved to the far right, and Democrats to the far left. The Republican party used to be the party of wealthy entrepreneurs. Now, most of them vote Democratic.

Meanwhile, I quit voting more than a decade ago as did many of my friends. The choices have sucked!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii