Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2020, 11:27 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,557,748 times

Advertisements

https://www.civilbeat.org/2020/09/ha...eup-continues/

And the insanity continues....

Old 09-09-2020, 01:07 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,066,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Extended 2 more weeks - although you'll be able to exercise solo in parks/beaches
Not today! I don't understand why the delay. Do they have to teach the police how to count to one? Was out at Kaimana Beach thinking common sense would be in place but the police seem to need a show of force that they are still in charge. I was asked if I was going for a swim and told I needed to move along. Yep, I said I thought a solo person was OK and was told not yet. I almost asked why.

Old 09-09-2020, 01:56 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Meanwhile in no lockdown ever in Sweden - positive Covid test rate at the lowest since the Pandemic began. They also performed 120,000 tests last week alone with 1,300 positive or 1.2%.

Speaking of testing -

Alaska, with a population of 731,000 has done 391,000 tests. They also have the ability to test you on arrival.

Hawaii, with a population of 1,400,000 has done 316,000 tests with no test on arrival ability.

Old 09-09-2020, 09:13 PM

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/0...ecause-covid-/

Hawaii is the only state in the nation where some retail stores are closed because of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to the New York Times.

Oahu retailers, like salons and gyms, are not considered essential businesses under Oahu’s stay-at-home order. The mandate went into effect Aug. 27 in a bid to address a COVID-19 surge on the island.

And on Tuesday, it was extended through Sept. 23.

Business owners say the forced closure has them feeling helpless.

Old 09-09-2020, 09:27 PM

And why is Simply Organized, California Closets and the picture place open in Kahala Mall but Macy's is closed?

Old 09-09-2020, 09:49 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,314,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldKona View Post
Not today! I don't understand why the delay. Do they have to teach the police how to count to one? Was out at Kaimana Beach thinking common sense would be in place but the police seem to need a show of force that they are still in charge. I was asked if I was going for a swim and told I needed to move along. Yep, I said I thought a solo person was OK and was told not yet. I almost asked why.
You should of asked. Police are there to serve you and answer questions and concerns that you may have. There is nothing wrong with politely asking to be educated on a mandate implemented by your elected leaders. After all, you pay their salaries.

Old 09-10-2020, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
You should of asked. Police are there to serve you and answer questions and concerns that you may have. There is nothing wrong with politely asking to be educated on a mandate implemented by your elected leaders. After all, you pay their salaries.
Well the answer is because it is against the law......until tomorrow. If anything I should have called the Waikiki substation Captain and asked why resources were being used to enforce something that would not be enforceable 24 hours later. The thing is that there had not been this "show of force" prior. An officer walking through every now and then telling you to move along. This officer had parked up on the grass and left the car running while he was, in my mind, being a jerk and wasting city resources. Beach Lives Matter!

The whole interaction makes me question our government leaders and the police force. Not a win for either of them.

Old 09-10-2020, 05:09 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,109,209 times
Today, 7:00 AM eastern standard time:

Should Hawaii start lifting restrictions for certain islands?-covid-graph-hawaii-9-10-20

Old 09-10-2020, 03:30 PM

In what is likely just the beginning, 47 restaurants in Hawaii have permanently closed since the pandemic began

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/...andemic-began/

OAHU

>> Ahi Assassins

>> Artizen by MW

>> Bob’s Sports Bar

>> Brewseum

>> Chart House Waikiki

>> Dillingham Saimin

>> Fish Honolulu

>> Formaggio Wine Bar

>> Harpo’s Pizza and Pasta

>> HASR Bistro (Terry’s Place)

>> Italica Bar & Cafe

>> Jimbo Restaurant

>> Kaka‘ako Kitchen *

>> Kaneko Hannosuke

>> Kawailoa Tavern

>> Kobe Japanese Steak House *

>> Like Like Drive Inn

>> Miyako Japanese Restaurant

>> Malee Thai Restaurant

>> Monterey Bay Canners

>> Nobu Honolulu

>> Oceanarium, Alohilani Resort

>> Otoro Hawaii Fusion

>> Plantation Tavern

>> Pomaikai Ballrooms, Dole Cannery

>> Real Gastropub

>> Top of Waikiki

>> Two Scoops Ice Cream Parlor

>> Uncle Clay’s House of Pure Aloha, Ala Moana Center

>> Uncle’s Fish Market & Grill, Pier 38

>> Viaggio Honolulu

>> Wang Chung’s

>> Yamagen

>> Zippy’s, Pearlridge Center

Kauai

>> Art Cafe Hemingway

>> Kalaheo Steak & Ribs

>> Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Koloa

Hawaii Island

>> Beijing Garden

>> Bongo Ben’s Island Cafe

>> Captain Cook Baking

>> Kailua Candy Co.

Maui

>> Da Kitchen Kahului

>> Da Kitchen Kihei

>> Jini’s Curry — Fiji Indian Food

>> Maui Fish & Pasta

>> Rock & Brews, Paia

>> Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Lahaina

* Plans to close Kaka‘ako Kitchen and Kobe Japanese Steak House were announced earlier in the year, and were not directly related to the pandemic.

Old 09-10-2020, 03:41 PM

..have permanently closed since the pandemic began. To be fair it doesn't say because of the pandemic although we can agree it hasn't helped but restaurants go out of business all the time. It also seems like several of these were on their way out prior to the pandemic.

And where are all those Irish bars and restaurants that the owner was on TV every other day crying about closing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii