Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 09:31 AM

156 posts, read 805,727 times

Advertisements

Great writing null! You are my hero!

Old 07-23-2008, 09:43 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,896,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRussian View Post
Vote nullgeo for President! A vote to save mankind from its own follies!

heh ... thanks

Old 07-23-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRussian View Post
AND I put in over 10 years growing up in Philly! MadRussian, I see that's where you are now? Yes? Hockey player? (I was ... alas, no ice-rink in Hawaii ... well, there is one, sort of, in Honolulu ... or used to be)

Old 07-23-2008, 09:58 AM

190 posts, read 848,866 times
You are a Renaissance man, Nullgeo. Of travel, anyway. What island in the NW? I know those islands pretty well (been up there 5-6 times between SJ's and GI's) Would like to live there in summers and Hawaii in winters. If only!

Old 07-23-2008, 10:14 AM

156 posts, read 805,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
AND I put in over 10 years growing up in Philly! MadRussian, I see that's where you are now? Yes? Hockey player? (I was ... alas, no ice-rink in Hawaii ... well, there is one, sort of, in Honolulu ... or used to be)
Nope. No hockey. I'm motorcycle rider (street, motocross, enduro), windsurfer, surfer.
That's the reason why I want to move on Maui, eventually.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyT View Post
You are a Renaissance man, Nullgeo. Of travel, anyway. What island in the NW? I know those islands pretty well (been up there 5-6 times between SJ's and GI's) Would like to live there in summers and Hawaii in winters. If only!
Oh I pre-date the Renaissance considerably ... Neanderthal ... have been dubbed "og - the caveman" by cyber-guru friends who live in their urban, computer-oriented virtual realities ... don't even own a cell-phone.

I guard the identity of my island as much as possible ... trying to keep the Klingons at bay, you know ... and you wouldn't know it likely ... it is small, not served by the State ferries system, no public lands, no public beaches, no town, no activities. Unfortunately, the Californicators have discovered in recent years. For a cool $850K or so you can have this place now and I'll move on. I built this timber cabin entirely alone and without a stitch of toxic materials ... every piece and inch. Perhaps you could open a Whole Foods here soon, as the population rises But even in summer, the night temperatures do not hit your 55* benchmark. Day temps today in mid-summer will only be about 65* You would be miserable except for July and August, when you would find it marginally warm enough, but still materially unbearable.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:01 AM

1,178 posts, read 5,942,465 times
There was a company that rented Winnebago RVs in Honolulu in the 60's. I know because I rented one for a week and travelled around Oahu. We parked at several beach parks overnight. If that was illegal, no one knew it, including the police. We had a great time, but that company did not last long.

I pursued this question (here,I think) a few months ago and discovered the folowing:

Until recently, camping in an RV was illegal on Oahu. It is now legal, but there are practically NO public parks where the camping areas are big enough, clear (of trees) enough, etc for RVs.

All this from someone who spoke as if they knew well of what they spoke.

Hank

Old 07-23-2008, 11:07 AM

1,178 posts, read 5,942,465 times
Here's the past research ( scroll way down to my second post in the thread):

//www.city-data.com/forum/hawai...py-moving.html

Old 07-23-2008, 12:48 PM

Can't figure why the legislature votes to legalize RV's and then make no providions for them. Do they like them or hate them? I don't imagine it'd be hard to find a local and pay him a couple of $$'s a month to park it on their residential lot with electric and water. Dumping the waste might be a problem, then again from the looks of some of the more remote properties it might not. Seems you could dump right in the front yard and nobody would notice.
(dup from the other thread)

Old 07-23-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
For a cool $850K or so you can have this place now and I'll move on. I built this timber cabin entirely alone and without a stitch of toxic materials ... every piece and inch. Perhaps you could open a Whole Foods here soon, as the population rises
Yeah, winters in Washington are out of the question for me so I can't take up your offer. Tempting, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii