Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 09:37 AM

2 posts, read 11,114 times

Advertisements

Thanks very much. I saw temp restrictions at the Phoenix airport posted, but didnt find any at LAX, I will check their website again. Thanks for the reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 07:49 PM

484 posts, read 1,585,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DROB944 View Post
Thanks very much. I saw temp restrictions at the Phoenix airport posted, but didnt find any at LAX, I will check their website again. Thanks for the reply.
I would try calling LAX. When we flew through LAX with our dog, thats what I did because I couldn't find the temp. restrictions posted online.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:19 AM

4,918 posts, read 22,695,777 times
If anyone ends up taking one of these charter flights for pets, please let us know how it turned out. We hear many trying to put one together but have never heard from anyone who completed one.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:27 AM

6 posts, read 36,091 times
Hi, I just wanted to update this thread. I ended up using Pacific Air Cargo for my cat to fly from LAX to Honolulu. Everything went incredibly well. They picked my pet up on time and were very kind to deal with. They even gave her food and water. The cost wasn't bad at all. It went so smoothly that I arrived at Quarantine and she was all ready to go as soon as they opened their doors!

Old 10-11-2009, 09:48 PM

16 posts, read 50,736 times
Default No Drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DROB944 View Post
We are shipping our great dane to Hawaii in the cargo hold of a commercial passenger plane this summer. We will be leaving from Raleigh, NC. Does anyone know if we will be able to see her at the airport in LA after we get there so she can be walked before our flight leaves for Honolulu? It is a total of about 10 hours flight time, and we just want her to be as comfortable as possible. Mahalo.
I can only share with you what I had to go through when I shipped Astro, my Shepherd/Doberman mix from LAX to Oahu back in 1986. I flew either Delta or United in those days, and I had to retrieve my dog from the baggage hold of the plane I was on, along with his crate, disassemble it, and then Astro, me and the crate had to catch a taxi to over to the Cargo area of the terminal my departing plane was leaving from, reassemble my crate and have my boy get back in. Then I had to hurry with a taxi back to the airport and catch my flight. Whew! I was exhausted by stress, and my Astro was lightly sedated, as my vet had recommended that I tranq. him.

Well, Astro cried outloud the entire flight (didn't know about baggage hold pressurization back then), and it horrified me, and all the other people on the plane kept calling out Astro's name. They all learned to recognize his howls.

Fortunately, when I left Hawaii I did NOT tranquilize my dog but instead put a few flower leis on him and off we went, Aloha style. He shipped home to the mainland without any complications and the flight was peaceful. My advise is NO DRUGS unless totally imperative medically.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:46 AM

227 posts, read 919,637 times
I flew over on Hawaiin Air and my 2 dogs and a bird all had to go down below. When I boarded the plane I made sure the flight attendant told the Captain that my pets where down below and to turn on the heater for them.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:43 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,414,228 times
Default some info...

Aloha,
Pets that go in Cargo have same temps and oxygen as passengers.
Now... ALL PETS are transported from the airline to the quarantine station in Honolulu by the airline staff. Passengers have no direct access to pets in cargo until they are cleared. THEN... no pet is allowed out of it crate until it is off the airport property. However... call the AG quarantine station at Honolulu Airport and ask if you will be allowed to let him out long enough pee.
They are strict, but they love their jobs are have kind hearts.
Koale.

Last edited by Koale; 10-12-2009 at 06:43 AM.. Reason: ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii