Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2013, 07:17 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,899,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
I think you have made this a race thing. I never suggested racism, but logic says that we are talking Kanakas because its them who lost there nation and etc. Did the Americans, japanese, chinese etc etc lose Hawai'i when the Hawai'ian kingdom was overthrown? No, so the damage was to who? Kanakas.
Have you considered there is not a SINGLE PERSON ALIVE regarding Hawaii today who lost "their nation". Nobody. Nope. Nada.

My parents are wealthy. When they die I have no sense of entitlement to their money and belongings. None. Give it to me, great. Give it to the Humane Society. Sure. Take it by eminent domain. Annoying. But I wasn't entitled to it to begin with.

Why is anyone alive today supposed to get special privileges from stuff over 100 years ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 07:31 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,751,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Have you considered there is not a SINGLE PERSON ALIVE regarding Hawaii today who lost "their nation". Nobody. Nope. Nada.

My parents are wealthy. When they die I have no sense of entitlement to their money and belongings. None. Give it to me, great. Give it to the Humane Society. Sure. Take it by eminent domain. Annoying. But I wasn't entitled to it to begin with.

Why is anyone alive today supposed to get special privileges from stuff over 100 years ago?
This is were your logic strays viper, and this is were other cultures differ from U.S. European. First if illegal action wasn't taken to overthrow Hawai'i i believe the Hawai'ian nation would be strong. I believe Kanaka would own there homes and ohana, community would be first over individual success. Instead of gross poverty, and almost to the point of extinction. Some asian cultures believe that its the parents responsibility to raise there children to be successful, then after its the childrens responsibility

Old 09-28-2013, 07:33 PM

To support there elders and help there younger siblings etc. Unlike individualism and compitition we charish. There are a whole world of different beliefs cultures. I think we forget that are ideal of truth and reality isnt the best or the only way.

Entitlement? Who has the most entitlement atitude then us Americans? were equal to everybody because were Americans, shoot we don't have to work for it or buy anything to be equal or better.

Omg you act like you bought the land that your standing on my friend you didnt, the goverment with a handful of men with personal interests took it by gunpoint and with the intention of force if they didn't get what they wantted. Sounds like entitlement to me. Shot they didn't even buy the land. Dude you got ripped off.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 09-28-2013 at 07:55 PM..

Old 09-28-2013, 09:04 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,814,737 times
Hawaiian By Heart, it seems like there is some sort of inner battle that you are fighting. You are half "White" and half "Native American". Please, stop trying to identify with only half of yourself and realize that you are 100% HUMAN!

May you be one with the earth, with the sky, one with everything in life.
Wishing you much peace and happiness.

Conviction of The Heart - YouTube

Old 09-28-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Hawaiian By Heart, it seems like there is some sort of inner battle that you are fighting. You are half "White" and half "Native American". Please, stop trying to identify with only half of yourself and realize that you are 100% HUMAN!

May you be one with the earth, with the sky, one with everything in life.
Wishing you much peace and happiness.

Conviction of The Heart - YouTube

Lmao, im whatever dog i feed the most man! (native american medicine words free of charge)

Old 09-28-2013, 10:34 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,814,737 times
Quote:
Lmao, im whatever dog i feed the most man! (native american medicine words free of charge)
We are all still dogs, we just have different backyards to play in.

Speaking of dogs, here is a picture of our dog. He loves smelling flowers when we go for walks and so we always bring him back a fresh flower lei from Hawaii.
Hawaiian's lost so much now, the state wants to sell their lands-photo.jpg

Last edited by McFrostyJ; 09-28-2013 at 11:03 PM..

Old 09-28-2013, 11:06 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,899,929 times
Quote:

Omg you act like you bought the land that your standing on my friend you didnt, the goverment with a handful of men with personal interests took it by gunpoint and with the intention of force if they didn't get what they wantted. Sounds like entitlement to me. Shot they didn't even buy the land. Dude you got ripped off.
Huh? So now you know the origin of my land? You have no idea of the history of my land(s).

I'm pretty sure I own clear and legal title to the land(s) I own.

I do know I paid someone for it - the person before me paid someone for it - etc. And lastly, it is mine.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:22 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,428,088 times
Quote:
Yep, I made the same point a while back, and don't be shocked, but I also agree with your conclusion that nobody owes anybody anything at this point, 120 years after the fact. It's all just water over the falls today.

Quote:
My parents are wealthy. When they die I have no sense of e entitlement to their money and belongings.
OK, this is pure idle curiosity, but how did they wind up wealthy after you grew up living in such poverty in that single wide trailer in LaGrange, where the rich kids beat you up, and then when you were 8 you moved to that tiny house... oh, now I get the connection to why you think Tiny Houses are stupid <lightbulb ON>... then you moved to that tiny house in the cesspool of Lyons, and that's why you are so focused on not ever being poor again. There's definitely a chapter missing in this saga. Enquiring minds want to know how the 'rents moved up so dramatically in the world after you moved out?

Old 09-29-2013, 10:29 AM

Yup and when we conquer iraq and we will in time, we will also have some selfrightous selfserving justifiable excuse on how its "the right thing" to take whatever we want. And fifty years after the war, instead of hawaiian by heart and you having this talk, it will be some poor arab saying that what the Unitted States did was illegal. And your desendends will say "you know it was 50 years ago its water under the bridge" while driving there cars cheaper because now The U.S owns oil fields.

Old 09-29-2013, 12:00 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,536,448 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Yep, I made the same point a while back, and don't be shocked, but I also agree with your conclusion that nobody owes anybody anything at this point, 120 years after the fact. It's all just water over the falls today.

its a good thing your not in the ICC.... Hague of for that matter the POTUS.... Nov 24,1993? 100 years later..

you may put a time limit on anything you want now tellme there is a time limit on the law... a statue of limitations. but in the case of the overthrow. There is none.

Thank You Berry Much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii