Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2009, 06:00 AM

243 posts, read 594,321 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

Heading to Hawaii for the first time this October! We would really like to rent a condo/vacation home, as we will have our family of four (2 kids age 10 and 7), and my in-laws. On one of the vacation rental sites, we saw a rental at Hillside Villas at Ko Olina. I was wondering if this is a decent area, or would you recommend to keep lookin'. A friend of mine suggested we stay at Waikiki since this is our first trip, but we will be renting a van - so is that good enough. My father-in-law has problems walking, and likes things more quiet. SO, we thought maybe it would be nicer to be in a quieter area in case he doesn't want to go sightseeing some days with us. Plus, the rental has a golf cart - and he would have so much fun playing with that! The Ko Olina area "looks" nice on maps.live and google, but you never know.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 07:09 PM

109 posts, read 350,872 times
My girlfriends sister and husband live in Ko olina. They used to live in the hillside villas, now live on fairway(I think it's called). If you can afford it go for it! it's very, very safe. Plus it is a resort. It is also very expensive. If you have the money then I would recomend it. We stayed there, but only because it was free since we had family there.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,392 times
We live in the Hillside Villas and love it. Ko Olina is beautiful and I think it would be something you FIL would really enjoy. The HVs have a very nice pool area with grills and we are within walking distance to the lagoons which are perfect for little kids to swim in. I think Waikiki is overrated, over populated, and not my idea of a Hawaii. If you want to be able to relax, Ko Olina is great.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:51 AM

Thank you SO MUCH for the help everyone! We ended up booking a townhome in Ko Olina Kai, which looks to be one of the three home developments. Looks so nice - I can't wait to be in the Ko Olina area. I can't believe you live there!!! WOW

Old 04-14-2009, 12:56 AM

1 posts, read 4,350 times
This is extremely helpful. I am considering a 3BR 2.5B townhouse in the Hillside Villas where you live. How far is the walk to the lagoons? I've been told it's "less than 1 mile" from the townhouse to the lagoons 3 and 4 but I am not sure if that means a 10 minute walk or more - and what the walk is like...is it a paved walking path? a road with cars driving on the same road? We will be traveling with three kids so I wanted to have a good understanding before committing to the rental. Thank you!

Old 04-14-2009, 07:44 AM

109 posts, read 350,872 times
When we stayed with my family there, they had a golf cart that they used to go back and forth to the lagoons. A lot of people actually had them. Walking from the hillside villas woud only take about ten minutes maybe? Not long at all. I must say the golf cart was nice though.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:35 PM

Thanks everyone - yeah - the place we are renting does have a golf cart. We're very excited about that Should really help to get around, I would suppose.

Also a HUGE Disney fan, so can't wait to see the progress on the Disney resort going in Ko Olina!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii