Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 08:31 AM

3,752 posts, read 11,548,233 times

Advertisements

Central Illinois! What? Did you think I meant Hawaii?

Nearly middle of April and here is tonight's forecast:

Tonight: Snow likely, possibly mixed with sleet, becoming all snow after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Blustery, with a north northwest wind between 20 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

I have hated this weather all my life. I can handle rain; but snow, sleet and "wintry mix" sucks. Note the wind that goes with that crud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 02:39 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,142,443 times
Now is a good time to vacation somewhere south, isn't it?

Old 04-05-2009, 06:19 PM

3,198 posts, read 13,435,752 times
I have never been happier than living here with NO winter, NO short winter days. 10 years in Las Vegas wasn't too bad, very mild winters but still the short winter days.
I was born in New Mexico then my family moved to Missouri when I was 4 years old. I was miserable every single winter there until I left over 30 years later! My immediate family is all still there, just perfectly happy.
It is like a perfect May or June day here all the time for me. That was my favorite time of year in SW Missouri; balmy days, everything blooming, long daylight hours.
So, I said all that to say this, LOL. I'll keep very good thoughts going your way until we hear the good news that you're fixing to get out here! (You're going to Hilo, right?)

Old 04-05-2009, 07:02 PM

It looks like Southern Hilo as in Puna District. Still looking for the right vacation rental. Got a few possibilities going.
We don't want too close to the ocean (too hot) or more than about 2,500 up the mountain (too cool) - just somewhere in between.

As I drove home tonight from a friend's house where I was prepping the wife's car by changing all fluids out (antifreeze, power steering, transmission, rear differential) plus a tuneup, etc., I encountered freezing rain. How wonderful.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:46 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,597,339 times
An now, for da curren weadah report, from right hea in downtown Waimanalo,,,,,,,,, It stay roun 72 degrees out, I no, freezin off da okole already, but aole pilikia dea, as in no problems, get sweater,,,, whea I wen find em, no ask,,,,,,,,, We stay spectin a little ua, as in da kine rain, lateh in da day,, an maybe a little makani, wind, as well,,,,,,,,,,,,, but not makani nui, dat would be one hurricane, an who needs dat!!!! Da south swell is up a bit, so, you boogie boarders out dea, head fo Nalo Beach Park, or Mokapu'u, eh, maybe even Sandy's, juss no go broke da neck! We stay expectin it to get dark roun 6:45 PM, so, if your headlights no work, get home befo den,,,,,,, da forecass fo tomorrow is kine of da same as todays, only twenny for hours later,,,, an, we can expek rain in da places whea it rains, sun in da sunny places, an makani in da spots whea it is normally windy, so, hold onto your beach umbrella if dat is whea you stay!!!!!! Dass all, from da weadah desk of da Nalo News!!!!!

Aloha and okolemaluna
Eh, what is "sleet"? Maybe if you wen change da "l" wit one "H"?????????

Old 04-05-2009, 07:50 PM

Sleet is a form of freezing rain that makes a funny sound as it hits your windshield - mot as hard as a piece of hail, but not soft like snow. Think of it as freezing rain that has advanced closer to hail than rain.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:11 AM

96 posts, read 620,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
It looks like Southern Hilo as in Puna District. Still looking for the right vacation rental. Got a few possibilities going.
We don't want too close to the ocean (too hot) or more than about 2,500 up the mountain (too cool) - just somewhere in between.

As I drove home tonight from a friend's house where I was prepping the wife's car by changing all fluids out (antifreeze, power steering, transmission, rear differential) plus a tuneup, etc., I encountered freezing rain. How wonderful.
well at least even higher up here on the big island isn't going to be as cold as illinois. i mean you can't live on top of mauna kea the only place that even gets snow here so you should be fine i can't imagine living in snow/ice i think i'd freeze to death or something

Old 04-06-2009, 01:17 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,196,182 times
Jungjohann Mahalo for the weather report - haven't been online for a few weeks and you saved me looking up the weather !!! Back in the warmth myself next week Wahoooo!!! after taking my friend on tour of WA last week got 18 inches of snow dumped overnight I am ready to put my sweater on when it is 72!!!! So much for the tour of Mt Rainier!!! There is the clouds with snow on trees drumping on your head!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 02:28 PM

115 posts, read 472,420 times
If you are still looking for a vacation rental try Click Here

They were really great and not to expensive just tell them Jim & Gwyn sent ya

We really enjoyed it there, Hope you all the best in your adventure we will be going as soon as possible just trying to take care of selling of few more big items so we have no more ties here.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:09 PM

287 posts, read 1,374,213 times
Meand3boys...I have some advice for you..."get out!" You need to find a warmer climate....head to Miami or Los Vegas...or better still see you in Hawaii!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii