Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 01:46 AM

34 posts, read 135,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newUHprof View Post
Probably California.

Foodland (and others) are selling local (as in Big Island) milk, though it costs more it is soooooo good. If you don't buy a ton of milk (i.e. don't have kids who drink it constantly), it's well worth it.

I hear there's a dairy starting on Oahu, which will be selling at some of the farmer's markets when they get enough production going. Anyone know about it? I read about it in the Weekly a few months ago... been waiting to hear more.
I saw them on Sunday at the Haleiwa Farmer's Market. I think they said they were going to start selling in June and would also sell in stores like Down to Earth. They were selling butter, which looked delish but we had just bought the Costco pack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 03:25 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,122,532 times
I called Meadow Gold this morning and spoke to a representative who confirmed that they have a dairy in Hilo that produces their milk for sale under their brand names. She also said that there is only an 'educational' dairy still here on Oahu (used for promotion & school field trips).

If any of you wish to confirm this feel free to call them at 949-6161.

Last edited by melaniej65; 04-24-2009 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: Added phone number

Old 04-24-2009, 04:20 PM

9 posts, read 56,328 times
Default Milk is unhealthy

Save money by using powdered milk if you need milk for cooking. Otherwise, if you are a grown adult, too much milk is not good for you anyway.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:48 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,509,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jPrigge View Post
Save money by using powdered milk if you need milk for cooking. Otherwise, if you are a grown adult, too much milk is not good for you anyway.
...and what are your sources and what is "too much milk?"

Old 04-24-2009, 07:20 PM

202 posts, read 1,075,335 times
I actually drink alot of milk but I do know the casein in milk inhibits alot of vitamins and antioxidants.
But like everything moderation is the key.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:55 PM

737 posts, read 1,462,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
...and what are your sources and what is "too much milk?"
MilkMyths.org.uk (http://www.milkmyths.org.uk/health/index.php - broken link)

Just one source but there are many others out there. Humans really don't NEED dairy but are raised to think otherwise. Any milk is too much milk. Save money and don't buy it, that easy.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:09 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,509,170 times
OK, so you are a vegetarian.

So we don't need meat nor do we need dairy products either...

Sorry. I LIKE them and will continue to eat them.

Non-vegetarians don't go on forums and push for meat and dairy consumption. If no meat or dairy is what you want to eat, it is fine with me.

Please stop trying to push your beliefs upon others.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:58 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,514,480 times
My doctor told me adults shouldn't drink milk, but he didn't give me an explanation. I like milk and drink about 2 cups a day. Its good with certain foods, especially sweets, pancakes and spicy food.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:20 PM

242 posts, read 1,186,931 times
Default Milk is now $4 gallon

Hi everyone! Remember I posted before wondering what Milk was a gallon. That is great that it is not $7 a gallon anymore! Why did the Milk company have to hIKE it up so high, after all! In Washington State, wow that is expensive for Milk Organic and Regular Milk, why so expensive, you must have alot of cows out there! Here, Organic Milk is $5.79 just went up 10 cents! And over here, they also sell Milk, 1 %, 2 % and MILK without the growth hormones do you have that in the state of HAWAII? Here 1% without growth hormones is $2.40 gallon, 2% without growth hormones is $2.43 and full Milk is $2.50 I do know some other stores sell this type of Milk without the growth hormones for $2.83. I do not know the price of the MILK that has the growth hormones it in. My town has a milk company that makes the cottage cheese, sour cream etc. Franlin 42, there is nothing wrong with milk. But there is definitely somethig wrong with Partially and Hygrogenated OILS that are all toxic and cause HEART DISEASE SUCH as soybean oil, canola oil, cottenseed oil, shortening and MARGARINE. and people are eathing that and getting heart disease. I am a vegetarian and I never think about it, God did not say you can not eat meat, each to his own. But don't eat oils that are causin HEART DISEASES.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:52 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,458,434 times
It's less than $4 at Costco on Kauai.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii