Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2007, 05:09 PM

1 posts, read 4,026 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if there is a way to ship a mini pot bellied pig FROM Hawaii to the Mainland?? My husband is gettin a new duty station and we heard you couldn't ship them on a plane. Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 02:00 PM

65 posts, read 432,513 times
Oh NO! That is not what you want to hear. Did you call the airlines and ask? I would call. I have a friend who is a horse breeder and she was going to fed Ex one of their horses to a buyer.

I would call the airlines and also call Fed Ex, etc. and call the quarantine center and ask if they know what you can do.

Good luck!

Old 05-15-2007, 02:10 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,887 times
It sounds like your spouse is in the military, they won't transport your pet for you??

I have heard of people coming home from being based over seas with a British telephone box (the old ones were made of cast iron), brought free of charge by the military..

Good luck.
I might contact breeders of other animals in the area and ask them how they move their pure bred cats and dogs to the mainland...I can't imagine it all has to be done by boat...

Old 05-16-2007, 01:26 AM

115 posts, read 664,503 times
Probably totally inappropriate:

I'll take it off you hands! May we rename it Bacon-Pork Chops?

On a serious note: I have also heard about the FedEx route. Also, have you check with the vets? They might have a suggestion or two...

Old 05-16-2007, 01:30 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,887 times
When I was in high school, I found an orphaned racoon, I bottle fed him, named him Fred and he rode around in the car with me like a dog...except he used to sit on my shoulder.

My Fred was a cutie...

When the summer came, I wanted to fly him to Arkansas to a summer camp where the children would be able to enjoy observing the Nature Director teach him to live in the wild on his own...which he eventually did.

No airline would fly him, I had to find someone to drive him up. The airlines I spoke with said they only would fly cats or dogs...

Old 05-16-2007, 02:19 AM

115 posts, read 664,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
No airline would fly him, I had to find someone to drive him up. The airlines I spoke with said they only would fly cats or dogs...
Things might have changed since then and now: a friend of ours flies from Anchorage to Seattle regularly with his Makaw (sp?) parrot: Sam is caged with take-offs and landings, but so far he has been allowed to sit on his owner's hand / shoulder during the flight...

If you get a big enuf dog kennel, could they not ship him as they would a dog? Which airline are you flying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii