Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 09:59 AM

3 posts, read 11,196 times

Advertisements

(She) seems pretty set on honeymooning at the RH; I, myself, personally - am just glad to be whereever she is!!! Would like to know, though, what experiences some of you might have had there...good OR bad!

Thanks!

Doogie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 10:46 AM

1,046 posts, read 4,910,191 times
We have stayed at the Royal Hawaiian many times -- both before and since we moved to Maui. It's easily our favorite place to stay in Waikiki because while it's centrally located, it's off the street and very private. We prefer the garden rooms in the old building to the tower's oceanview rooms. The recently redone rooms are gorgeous. The only "issue" we've ever had was with a room that backed up to an elevator shaft, and we could hear the elevator doors opening at night. (After a long flight from the mainland, not the sleep we had in mind.)

I've had breakfast at the new restaurant, and while it was very good, I have to say I miss the buffet. I have not tried the new dinner restaurant, but there is so much excellent food in Waikiki that you'll have lots of options. (We love walking over to Halekulani to The Room Without a Key, La Mer, and Orchids -- and the new Beachwalk has lots of options, too.) The food at the RH is good, but more for convenience while staying there.

The staff is excellent, very helpful and knowledgeable. Many guests are regulars, and there is sometimes kind of a clubby atmosphere with staff and guests talking story. It seems like a lovely place to honeymoon.

Enjoy your stay.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:30 PM

292 posts, read 951,825 times
I stayed there and loved it. I stayed in the old part, in an oceanview room.
It is charming, with old Waikiki appeal; the Moana Hotel is close by with its huge banyan tree.
I would go back in a heartbeat.
As a matter of fact I always look for it from the air when taking an interisland flight to or from Honolulu..and I smile! You can always spot the Pink Palace!!
When I move, I look forward to visiting Waikiki alot.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:08 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,469,331 times
I actually prefer Moana over Royal, but that's just me (I think maybe it has become too stuffy for me since the reno?? I can't put my finger on it). But FYI, unless you are in a tower room, you will not have a lanai. If you aren't sure, Halekulani is a comparable hotel. Moana is not has luxurious, but has the same historic feel.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:23 AM

1,046 posts, read 4,910,191 times
MarO is right, as usual. I actually stayed at the Moana the last time I was in Waikiki, too. The rooms were very nice and the service was great. My only hesitation for a honeymoon stay is the noise from the street out front, which can go on quite late. I'd forgotten about only the tower rooms at the RH having lanai. We don't miss it, but I can see how a mainlander might enjoy it. I love Halekulani, too, but prefer the Royal's beach and more central location in Waikiki. Lots of good options there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: