Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 07:34 PM

55 posts, read 186,097 times

Advertisements

Could someone tell me where the better medicine(yes, obviously Oahu) between Big Island and Maui. How is the Maui Memorial Medical Center? A place with good doctors is important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 03:06 AM

15 posts, read 54,422 times
Hawaii does not have all the stores, schools, churches or medical facilities the mainland has. That is the reality of living on a limited amount of space in the middle of the pacific ocean. If you are looking for beachfront on the big island I think you are better off looking on the Kona side. Hilo has beachfront but from what you are looking for I don't think Hilo is your kind of town.

Last edited by squatty; 01-20-2010 at 03:18 AM..

Old 01-20-2010, 09:47 AM

1,707 posts, read 7,043,186 times
Maui would be my first choice followed by Kauai.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:17 AM

292 posts, read 950,341 times
I am not sure why you have dissed Kauai. I am a physician relocating to Kauai and Island School is where my daughter will go. I have visited both HPA and Waimea in person last August. In my mind Seabury Hall (visited that one a few years back) doesn't have anything over Island School.
Just MHO.
I doubt the BI is going to provide what you are looking for in terms of your other criteria.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:20 AM

18,429 posts, read 19,080,831 times
depending on your health concerns in some cases on both BI and maui you will need to fly to oahu to be treated.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:19 PM

5 posts, read 27,199 times
I recieved excellent care at Kaiser Permanente Kihei. I am a professional who recruited for dental schools and health research centers and know quality when I see it. I found the doctor's there very current with research, they gave me lots of time, were thorough and knowledgeable.

Had an interview at Maui Memorial and they seemed steeped in political chaos and disorganization which alarmed me as they couldn't seem to make simple decisions-think it might indicate that the healthcare administrators and providers may be at odds too. I never had to go to MMH as a patient fortunately to test this theory of mine though. Everyone I know on Maui who was going to have planned major surgery went to Oahu.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:58 PM

55 posts, read 186,097 times
Well I just got back with my wife from a 2 week stay(one on Maui, the other on Big Island). After much deliberation, we have decided to move to....drumroll please....Big Island. We just loved the people there, we thought HPA was right were we wanted our daugters to be academically speaking. I absolutely LOVE its rural campus as well. We traveled and searched and finally found our home in a beautiful community known as Hualalai. We were thrilled with the home we finally chose. We also love the fact, our house is 10 minutes from Kona International making it quite convienient to take part in many humanitarian causes my wife and I are involved in strongly. I am so happy to be coming here, with my wife, my two lovely daughters, and our two dogs(mini Australian Shepherd and a Shetland Sheepdog). I'm so excited to be going to the Big Island to beginning the next phase of my life. I am excited to meet more of the great people that my wife and i have already encountered. Here is the area that we will be relocating to. The people just made us feel so much like family, and we really felt the Aloha spirit here. It just felt we were called here...if that makes any sense.Hualalai Realty-Hualalai Real Estate-Hualalai Luxury Homes for Sale

Old 01-31-2010, 08:15 PM

91 posts, read 420,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDad View Post
Could someone tell me where the better medicine(yes, obviously Oahu) between Big Island and Maui. How is the Maui Memorial Medical Center? A place with good doctors is important.
Hey SurfDad, can I borrow $5 million? I promise to pay it back in a few centuries :-)

Old 02-01-2010, 06:30 AM

17 posts, read 34,936 times
There are several nice beach/oceanfront residential home/properties for sale in Kauai starting at around 1.5 million. If you want/need 4 or 5 bedrooms expect to pay at least 5-7 million. If you must be near Hanalei Bay, which is absolutely amazing, expect to pay a premium for the wonderful vista views. A new 4 bedroom in that area is going for around 9 million or so, but where else in the world can you have Bali Hai views? Mahalo

Old 02-01-2010, 06:36 AM

17 posts, read 34,936 times
sorry for the previous post...didn't read all the way to the bottom of the page before posting. congratulations on your new home. We will be in Kona in less than 2 weeks actually... but just for a week long conference I have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii